I can't sleep. My mind is racing. Two weeks from this very day I become a wife. It is so incredibly surreal. I can't believe how fast the last 10 months have gone; the last 3 months especially. It's hard to believe that four years ago January 13th I met the man who would be my husband. Sheesh, when I put it like that IT'S SO WEIRD. Did I know then that we would be where we are today? Hmm, I think I had an idea that Mark was special. I don't know why - we are so incredibly different. But, (yes, I know I'm an English teacher and I'm not supposed to be cliche, but I can't resist) Mark is everything I've ever needed. He's able to be all that I am not. I wonder if he thought we'd ever be where we are today...
Planning a wedding is insane. My mom has been the biggest help. I'm not sure what I would have done without her. Mark did our honeymoon all by himself (with a little 'guidance'). My mother-in-law has played her part well and we've had a lot of help from various other wonderful family and friends. The last two weeks, so I've been told, are the toughest. I guess we'll see what it brings. I'll tell you this, I'm ready for the honeymoon!
Actually, it's funny because as crazy as this process has been, I've really only been frustrated to tears three times (and believe me, people, that's incredible). The first was when we were still dress shopping. I wanted something really special and I just wasn't finding it! Funny, that same day - I bought my dress!! I know my sister and mom will read this and say that they think I cried over the venue. Well, I didn't. But, I DID get really crazed as we couldn't find a place big enough for the 240+ guest list (FYI 200/240 will be attending). So, when they tell you that only 80% reply yes, YOU take that and estimate HIGH :) The second REAL cry I had was so silly. Stamps. Damn stamps. Anyone notice the big horn sheep? UGH! hahaha, it is funny now! My last official cry came from the RSVPs. Bottom line: It's our wedding. You ladies out there - remember that! All that matters is that YOU have an amazing time.
So, two weeks. We just finished the the seating chart and we have just a few things left to check off. I mean, just a FEW!!! I can't believe that in just two SHORT weeks from today I get to marry my best friend :) (sorry, cliches are my pièce de résistance!)
No comments:
Post a Comment