Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sunscreen

No, this is not a post longing for summer and the smell of coconut bodies ;) (although I am longing for both!) I was told by my [non-updater on her own blog] sister and my [I don't even have a blog] future cousin-in-law that I do not update my blog enough. Well, my brother gave me an idea. He posted the video to the "Sunscreen" song on facebook and I remembered how much I love it. I really love Baz Lurhman - he has such an interesting outlook on things and this song's lyrics are amazing. I think everyone should head them... I have them up in my classroom (not like any of my students pay attention, but I wish they would... they have a lot to learn. We all do.) I've posted the song (in video) later in this post, but these are the main points to his lyrics: 
*Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth 
*Don't worry about the future 
*Do one thing everyday that scares you 
*Sing 
*Don't be reckless with other people's hearts
*Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours
*Floss 
*Don't waste your time on jealousy
*Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults
*Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements
*Stretch 
*Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life
*Get plenty of calcium 
*Be kind to your knees
*What ever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either
*Enjoy your body
*Dance
*Read the directions, even if you don't follow them
*Do NOT read beauty magazines
*Get to know your parents
*Be nice to your siblings
*Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on
*Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle
*Travel
*Accept certain inalienable truths
*Respect your elders 
*Don't expect anyone else to support you
*Don't mess too much with your hair
*Be careful whose advice you buy
*Be patient with those who supply it
*Wear sunscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment