So we went to the doctor for Lucy's 18 month check-up on December 5th
She had such a good appointment and our doctor is super surprised at how she's gettin' along :)
He said a few times, "wow, that's a 2 year old skill!" "wow, that's pretty advanced for her age."
Yea, she's awesome.
Her stats surprised us A LOT. She just has grown and grown and grown for every single appointment we've ever been to so when I heard that she went up 3 WHOLE INCHES and LOST 7 oz!!! I almost fell over.
The loss of 7oz was probably just a difference in the scale but she didn't gain weight which really confirms our suspicions of her thinning out. She looks so skinny now and just so much like a little girl. Which is fun and sad all at the same time.
So, officially, she's still 31 lbs (from her 15 mo. appt) and 36.5 inches!
A few things that she is up to lately really surprise me just as much as all the things surprised our doctor. She picks up things just like that and then repeats the word, action, or whatever so many times!
+She says so many words I can't even give a proper list.
+She killlllsss me when she says, "mon, mommy!" when she wants me to come wherever she's going
+She knows all her body and face parts -- unless you're really picky.
+"hand" and "walk" when she wants to go somewhere
+LOVES brushing her teeth
| See what I mean about her looking so SKINNY! ;) |
+she loves her new kitchen - I was kinda nervous that she wouldn't know how to play with it but she does! I mean, it is pretty advanced (even for a 1 1/2 y/o) to be able to pretend and understand what is going on. At first she kept trying to turn on the faucet and saying "boke" (broke) ha! And she pretends eat her food (she really tries to eat it every once in a while because she's teething something awful) but I'm happy altogether with the kitchen!
+She loves to play with her babies. She's understood how to pretend with her babies since real young but she still loves to put them in her stroller and feed them and kiss then and "shh" them and "bye baby" them ;) which means put them to bed. She has such a sweet heart when she's with them... one day she'll be a really good big COUSIN ;)~
+she can really communicate during eating times. she can tell us more or all done and even requests what she wants sometimes - most always a "ha doog" :)
+she is so, so, so polite! she says please and thank you and yes please mommy. it really warms my heart that she knows these words and hopefully will continue to use them to not only us, but everyone and for her whole life, too!
+she can spell her name. not even kidding.
+she still lovesss Caillou and I have decided to do a Caillou themed 2nd birthday party. and now I'll go cry because in 5 months she'll be two... excuse me while I vom :(
+she love love loves art stuff: coloring, painting you name it! And she loves to read. Which makes for a proud teacher mama ;)
| ate a brown crayon ;) we're working on it! |
+she can count to 3 and can identify blue and sometimes black and I think red because she constantly hands me a red (or dark orange/pink) to color with
+she cocks her head to the side when concentrating as well as when she's being a shy baby :)
+she is in kind of a whiny stage right now. I can be holding her in my arms and she's still, "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" which gets really frustrating when I'm home alone and have to make dinner or clean something or pee for goodness sake!
+she's kind of a mommy's girl which I think upsets daddy sometimes. but she sees him more often (during the week at least) than she does me so I think that's why.
+pretend play is pretty much our new thing. she is pretty girly but then again, not. I try not to do to much pink and frill because it's not the person I am and I don't think it's her and omg her dad would flip ;) she's just the perfect amount of girly, I think!
| helping daddy clean up at work before going to see Santa |
+we got her a potty for Christmas. we're not pushing anything crazy right now but she does enjoy going in and sitting on it or playing with the top (shutting and opening it). And I'm pretty sure when we were in there the other day she peed in her diaper while sitting on the potty ha! so we'll keep working on it.
+she was kinda spoiled at Christmas and uninterested in opening. I blame her being sick lately but we didn't even get through all of the gifts that we got her! and again, I blame her cold and not the fact that I might have over-bought ;)
+we have the same routine at night as we've had for all time. When it's time to go "bye baby" I rock her to sleep not because it's ok, but because I can and I like to. We say a prayer and she says Amen and then I ask her who she's thankful for today and sometimes she says legit things and people but sometimes it's complete craziness. and that's ok :) then I sing songs and she falls asleep to my beautiful voice HAHA!
+she finished her swimming class which mommy is very happy about - it was cold! but I'm glad we did it and she now knows some really important stuff about swimming and stuff
+She's just the sweetest baby girl you ever did meet! Her biting and hitting has really started to disappear and we are thrilled. She is pretty much full speed ahead 100% of the time but when she calms down for a bit (usually when we put on Caillou and then, don't even try to compete because you will lose!!) she is so sweet and loving. I love her so much I can't even describe!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment