Monday, November 11, 2013

30 weeks

As Lucy says, "Holy cooooow!!"

I can.not. believe that in just 10 short weeks (probably more) this kid is going to be here. In the meantime, Mark, Lucy and I are going to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year, and a 4th anniversary and we are going to be tired - but excited!!!

We still have a lot yet to do to get ready for this baby. Lucy's room is not yet done even though I got a great head start this weekend... I know, I know but don't look at me. And the nursery hasn't even gotten started. I don't want to do too much to the nursery but change up the scheme. The color of the walls is staying the same-and the arrangement because the furniture doesn't fit any other way. But the "theme", I guess, will be different - just colors.

Anyway, I had my 30 week appt this week. I am going every two weeks now which is totally annoying. They are also giving me a bunch of shots that they didn't make me get with Lucy :( I hate shots - they make my arm so sore! I'm such a baby.
But all looks well. I am definitely a torpedo... like seriously I stick out so far.
Also, I'm about to start physically harming people who just come up to my stomach and touch. And by people I mean students. Like, are you freaking kidding me? I don't even know you. Weirdo.

So you don't have to look back to March 2011 here is a pic to compare me 30 weeks with Lucy and 30 weeks with this baby. Can you say ginormo? I am carrying around a watermelon. No wonder I am so sore - my hips, my back, my stomach.

everyone says boy but aside from sticking out much furthur, I am carrying the same. If you flattened the shirt on top of my belly in the Lucy (aka I look dead) picture, my stomach is in the exact same place. You guys, it's a girl.

Overall I am much more comfy this pregnancy than the last - my sister reminds me of that all the time ;)
I think I was just clueless last time and everything sucked because I had no idea what I was doing and what the hell was going on with my body... and now I know what to expect... I guess. I'm no expert and I still don't like being pregnant. But I enjoy the end result of course!!! :)

Lucy is getting to be quite the handful. But I just love her little personality. She says the cutest things sometimes and she just has such a funny mind. But, on the other hand, she is extremely stubborn. Independent, but knows what she wants and will get it whether she gets in trouble for doing it or not.
But how could you not love this face:


 

1 comment:

  1. You look great!! Lucy looks like she's going to be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete