- I didn't make a New Year's Resolution. I didn't give anything up for Lent. BUT I DIDN'T eat meat on Friday. I feel horrible but yet, I'm still not doing anything about it...
- I'm vain. I have serious vanity issues. I think this bleeds into the fact that I'm a very jealous person. Aren't those two of the Seven Deadliest Sins? Scary. I wish I wasn't either of those things, and Mark helps, and I've tried to be better! Maybe those are the two things I should resolve and give up......
- I have road rage. Bad.
- I'm obsessed with Target. I walk in every time with ONE thing on my mind... $85 later I walk out. I have to be better now since Mark and I share a bank account :) Ugh how did I marry such a frugal fannyyy????
- Marriage is really cool. I have to admit that I did get cold feet a little before. But, every time I look at Mark I know I made the right choice. He is amazing (even when he irritates the crap out of me) and I am so happy that I found him :) :)
- Our house is a mess... I can't wait until the spring time when we'll actually have motivation - it's just TOO COLD to get anything done now!!! But, we really need to!!
- I purposely fall asleep reading every night because I think it's so adorable when I wake up and my book is placed on my night stand open to the page I left off. :)
- I really enjoy cooking - I don't enjoy cooking for one, but I really like getting new recipes and trying them out. I especially love when Mark enjoys it and tells me so :) I can't wait to actually entertain in our new house... first it needs to look presentable!!!
- I am psycho. I am not kidding. Sometimes I feel like I'm literally going to go off the deep end!
- I can't remember to call myself Mrs. Fleisher. It's so weird. I still refer to myself as Ms. Robinson and I think it's going to take a while to get used to it. It's fun though, when people call me Mrs. Fleisher. NOT fun when they screw it up hahaha
- I'm angry at the world because I don't understand why of all things TEACHERS AND EDUCATION are being "defunded"... does that make any sense at all? How is it that something such as education seems to be so unimportant to those who make the decisions? Didn't their education get them to where they are now? I'm not one who knows anything about politics or all that but I do know when they say that they are "cutting down" on expenses for education that I'm not getting a raise again, and my students are going to be crammed into a class with 35 students instead of 25 and I don't even have enough desks now... think I'm going to get new ones? When is someone going to stand up for the little people?
- Mark and I are waiting until AT LEAST October to have babies :) He'd try now if I'd let him but (and here's where my vanity peeks in) I'd be 8 months preg at Mal's wedding and I'm not doing that to her... or me! UGH can you imagine what I'd look like in those pictures??? bahahah noooooo
- Stemming from that... Mark and I made a deal a long time ago that I could pick the girls names and he could pick the boys... where I have ADORABLE names that I love and Mark kinda likes for the girls, he is choosing the most HIDEOUS boys names. I'm doing what my Pappy did and changing the birth certificate if he dares name my little boy "Sy" I don't care what a great baseball player he was... eff no.
- I am glad for what I've experienced in my life, mistakes and all because I'm know I wouldn't be where or who I am today with out every bit of it. I wish someone would have smacked the shit out of me for some of the things... but like I said, everything led me to Mark :)
- I want to write a book, but I don't think I'm confident enough to actually do it. It's on my bucket list.
- I actually miss baseball. It was such a part of our lives for the first three years of our relationship and now we don't get it anymore. We're planning some baseball trips for this summer - major league games :) I try not to talk about it much because I know it makes him sad... makes me sad too.
- I went into GAP the other day to exchange my jeans and DREAM caught my eye. I sprayed myself with it and was immediately in the 7th grade girls locker room. I bought some and I've doused myself with it every morning since. I love things that trigger memories like that.
- My husband is a borderline Curling expert thanks to the Olympics. We were out to dinner the other night waiting on a table watching the women's USA team beat the Swedes and he kept spouting factoids until the couple sitting next to us at the bar kept asking questions! We ended up not getting a table and just eating at the bar with the two of them. Random, but fun :)
- I love being able to use a semicolon. :) I'M AN ENGLISH TEACHER!
- I miss college! I miss my friends and how close we were (distance) because everyone is so scattered now. I miss Quadfest, walking home from the bar and peeing on the dorm wall. BTs. Thursday nights at Rileys. Dance parties. Our make-shift pong table. Illegally jumping into the fountain. Our neighbors. Having roomies to lean on, drink with, bother, procrastinate with... I miss all of it. Every second.
- I. love. moose.
- OBSESSED with Lindor Truffles... much to Mark's chagrin.
- I love Rocky. Monkey dog. AND I really want to add to our family (by add I mean another four legged creature...) I think Mark's friend is having a litter in June so who knows? Maybe a little girl will join us this summer :)
- Our Christmas decorations are finally down. Yes, I'm well aware that it is March.
- I miss my family every single day. A lot.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
25 Random Things
I did this last year around this time... I feel like I should do it again :) Plus... haven't posted anything in a while and I've got nothing to post; and, I definitely don't feel like grading right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment