Thursday, March 1, 2012

9 months

I don't know whether I want to laugh, cry or vomit.
I can not believe that my baby, my teeny baby is 9 months old today.
This kid.



has turned into this kid.


the girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
name that band.
name that song.

So about that picture.  Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking!?
What the hell!?!?  Where did the time go!?!?

I'm dying on the inside but at the same time reveling in the feats that she conquers every day.
She effing rocks.

A few things about Lucy at 9 months:
+she real crawls.  she looks kinda like a praying mantis swaying back and forth when moving but she's getting better and faster
+she plays peek-a-boo. literally just started yesterday.  she knows that when she uncovers her face, I will squeal "PEEK-A-BOO" and she laughs and laughs
+she facetimed for the first time yesterday with her uncle Greg.  she gets so shy all of a sudden when she feels like she needs to "act" ... when we got off the phone she chit-chatted with me like normal
+we've had some spills.  the kid just wants to walk and stand and stand and pull up and pull up and stand... but she does fall and the other day she bit her tongue. and there was blood and drool and tears and snot.  and Lucy was a mess too! :( we both cried.


+I'm not babying her too much; at least I'm trying not to.  My mom sent me this article a while back and I think it's really great to see everything from both sides and give a little when it comes to what you think is "best".  So, when she falls, unless she's screaming at the top of her lungs, I let it go and she is fine!  Sometimes I have to cuddle her though, I am a mama after all ;)
+She like to put anything, and I mean anything (ie. Mark's tennis shoes, wires) in her mouth.  If you take it and trade it for a toy she's all like, "bitch, I was eating that" and whines a little bit until she realizes that what I gave her (Sophie and the like) is way cooler than Daddy's nasty shoes.
+She. stood. by. herself.
She. stood. by. herself.
Not for two seconds; I counted 9. 9 seconds.
+She is so happy. I die. I absolutely hate that I only get a few hours with her a day.  I seriously feel guilty having her play by herself when I am cooking dinner and eating.  She plays so well alone - I am so grateful for this kid.  I sometimes don't eat dinner because I just don't feel like taking that time away from her.  A bowl of cereal holds me over just fine!  But she is happy otherwise.
+I haven't mentioned her hair... only that once I gave her a haircut.  It's getting so, so long!!!  I love to put a bow in it - she looks so innocent and darling.


I've never been in love with anything so much in my whole. entire. life.
Doctor's appointment next Friday so I'll update with the stats then.  Expect big, y'all.  Big.

3 comments:

  1. She gets more beautiful each time I see her!!! Congrats on a wonderful baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I have seen herrr!! I miss her so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh she is so dang cute! I just hate how time is flying with our baby girl too but it's soo fun at the same time :) they change so much every day!!

    ReplyDelete