Okay, okay, I know every parent thinks their kid is a genius, but mine really is.
Really.
Which may cause some problems in our future.
Take, for instance, the fact that the other night when I put her down so that I could cook myself dinner, she fake cried and fake cried and fake cried... When I looked up to see if she was actually producing any kind of real tears, I saw her peak around the coffee table (still fake crying!) to see if I was paying any attention to her at all.
Are you kidding me?
If I wasn't so impressed by her and so schmelty at how cute she was, I would have been totally annoyed. I mean, subjecting me to the tortuous fake cry for a little attention? Who does she think she is anyway!?
When we locked eyes, she smiled.
That little sneaky baby.
She still Army-crawls, but she real crawls now. Put her down yesterday and it was like she'd been doing it all along. Secretly, but not so secretly, I am thrilled I was the first to see it. I've not seen many firsts in her life (rolling over, etc), but I snagged this one, oh yes I did!
She did the creepy crawl first, the one where when I showed Mark last night he told me that if I ever did it again he'd throw me out a window (apparently it was done by some demon in the movie The Ring?) Anyway, it's crawling with one foot down to the floor; like she's saying, "I'll walk. I. Will. Walk." A threat.
When we went up for a bath, I put her down to go fetch a diap and she crawled right into the bathroom... now that she knows she can, she's going to have us running all over - time for baby gates, y'all!!
She waves and says "bye bye". And she knows what it means; that's the kicker!!! She doesn't always do it just when someone is leaving, however. She likes to tell me bye bye when she's over me at dinner-time. And she knows exactly what she's doing.
Loves to clap. And she knows when to do it. We watch Ellen and Conan together every day and every time the audience claps, or anyone in view claps, Lucy claps. Even when I have a ginormous spoon o' food comin' her way... end result? a mess. She also seems to clap when I tell her no. Kinda like she's saying, "yay Lucy?" and looking for approval for whatever she's done to cause me to say no...
On our snow day off I had a doctor's appointment and dragged my baby with me. I finally figured out the mirror in the back so that I can see her without turning around. I'm now obsessed with watching her instead of watching the road, so watch out for me!!! (just kidding mom and dad...) As I was watching her on our way home that day, she was playing peek-a-boo with herself. and I died. literally. or not, but I did cry. literally.
Smiling, she would look at herself in the mirror and then turn away, then look at herself and turn to the other side, and look at herself and turn her face away again, then side-eye herself in the mirror before doing it all over again.
The kid's a freakin' genius.
I know it shouldn't be funny but this post cracked me up :) she is so cute and yes obviously genius ;)
ReplyDeleteWe have our hands full, but I have to laugh too!
Delete