We tried to go to the zoo in Richmond (side eye, Mother Nature) and the second we stepped out of the car, got the stroller packed and started to walk toward the entrance, the skies opened up.
Mark doesn't get many full days off where we aren't doing other things. I had this planned well in advance and was very VERY excited as I knew Lucy would absolutely love it.
BOOM. Reality. Ugh.
We sat for an hour and waited because my optimistic hubby really thought it'd clear up. Well, I knew it wouldn't - not pessimistic, realistic. We were on the weather tracker on my phone and just looking at the sky, we both knew that it wasn't the day. It was already almost 1PM and the zoo closed at 5. No way we could have walked the whole thing and been able to spend time enjoying it. So, we bagged that idea and went to lunch at BW3 and the new Children's Museum in Chesterfield.
We sat for an hour and waited because my optimistic hubby really thought it'd clear up. Well, I knew it wouldn't - not pessimistic, realistic. We were on the weather tracker on my phone and just looking at the sky, we both knew that it wasn't the day. It was already almost 1PM and the zoo closed at 5. No way we could have walked the whole thing and been able to spend time enjoying it. So, we bagged that idea and went to lunch at BW3 and the new Children's Museum in Chesterfield.
I wasn't that impressed - most of it was geared toward older kids but we let Luc run around for a bit and rode the train.
| the little carts killllll meeeee |
| that's right. no shoes. say something. |
| because we love Uncle Chris |
| much to Daddy's chagrin, I think she'll be a right-y! |
Dear Zoo, we WILL see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the pics of Mark and Lucy in the firetruck!
ReplyDelete