Mark and I had another Love and Learn class this weekend. It wasn't as helpful as we thought the first one was. It was mostly a dictation of 1- how to baby-proof your house, 2- car seat stuff and 3- what and how to feed baby. The most helpful part was the feeding part. I'm absolutely clueless about how much to feed the kid when it shows up. Mark and I are in a little tiff about how to feed Baby. I want to bottle feed, Mark wants me to breast feed. I just don't think I'm cut out for breast feeding... I'm not one to like things on my boobs. Breast feeding seems to be exhausting, painful, annoying, and extremely time-consuming. Mark thinks I'm being selfish because breast feeding is more healthy for the baby, and cheaper. I know it will be cheaper but that's not a good reason to do it, is it? I'm a little stumped because I know Mark wants me to do it, and I know he has the best intentions but does he have to have a baby or a machine attached to his nipple?
Anyway... after the class we decided that the best thing on a sun-shiney and beautiful day was to get some ice cream. Baskin & Robbins. OMG the beeeeeeest mint chocolate chip ice cream in all the universe. And Mark got pralines n' cream which used to be my daddy's choice when we'd visit B&R so I helped myself to a few bites of his double scoop :) yummmmm-o
When we got home to our beautifully clean house (thanks to me) we opened windows, and started making a delicious grilled dinner: fish, and sweet potatoes. I loooove grilling out!!!!!! I am so anxious for summer. Rocky got his fix of some sunshine and grilled chicken. He was in heaven.
how cute is that face, I mean, really.
Today is a day filled with grading for me and when Mark gets home from work we will be cleaning out his room so the inspector can come next week and they can keep on rolling. I just ordered the shelving for my room so all I'm searching for now is a chair. I'm so excited, despite the ORANGE color of the room I'm really, really starting to like it :) On one wall I decided to do an arrangement of some of our wedding pictures. I didn't get bridal portraits and Mark and I didn't have any beautiful pictures of just the two of us that we felt we wanted to frame. So, I decided to take a few of our faves and do this
I like it. I'm ready for this room to be complete :)
Can't wait til both my room and Mark's are done and we can get Baby's room done, too. I am so, so, so excited that we're down to the wire and it will be here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment