Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Changes

What a few weeks we have had.  I apologize for the ominous blog below.  Rocky was having a really hard time but we seem to have him on a good diet right now.  It's always a work in progress and we are doing our best to keep him eating and hopefully not throwing up.  He has had a fantastic week and we hope to maintain ... knock on wood!!!!!!!!!  We would love to hear if you have any suggestions for a stubborn pooch who doesn't like dog food any more.  He's eating plain broiled chicken with rice and enjoying it for now but I'd like to be able to get him to eat more than just chicken every day.  A little variety if he'll have it!

Meanwhile, we are busying ourselves with preparations for Baby.  I have been on a roll in my room (the reading/living room) and Mark has done a good job getting started with his room (the 4th bedroom, above the garage).  That is the room we have to get going on so that we can get Baby's room going!  I want to get this baby's room started and finished ASAP!!!  So, encourage Mark to keep on truckin' with his room!  I'm anxious to decorate the baby's room with all the ideas I have popping around in my brain.  So, Mark - GO GO GO!!!

I had an appointment today.  30 weeks!  Holy moly only 10 weeks to go.  I'm hoping because we have such a busy weekend schedule from now through May that these last 10 weeks will go by faster than I've been told that they will.  I have showers (3!!), classes at the hospital, Mark and I are getting our marriage blessed by the church FINALLY, we have a Nationals baseball game with my fam and some odds and ends stuck in there too... busy busy busy!  But, it's a good thing.

At my appointment today, I had my glucose test so cross your fingers that I am not diabetic as this test is two weeks late anyway.  It was horrible; I was told not to eat before going in and my appt was at 9:30.  So I was a starving, whiny baby by the time we left at 10:45.  Mark got to come with me today and got to hear my doctor tell me that I need to gain 10 more pounds because she is not happy with the 14 pounds I've gained thus far.  So I got yelled at and Mark asked what I can eat to help gain the weight and she said protein shakes and now he's allllll about it.  Gross if you ask me.  But, if we're being real, the baby is FINE and the perfect size so I should be fine at the rate I'm going.  Doctor asked if I was eating hahah I was like uh, yea!

Well, back to the name game.  It's incredible how much of a cluster I can make of something.  But, if you know me, maybe that's not such a surprise to you??  I don't know how I have friends/family/husband who can tolerate me.  I hardly tolerate myself.  We are now down to two girls FIRST names (keeping the middle name the same for either) and two boys names totally separate of each other.  Mark thinks I'm crazy and I am, but I think we should have a name for if the baby comes out with dark hair, or if it comes out with light hair/bald.  This is my way of deciding.  We'll keep these four names until Baby comes out and I guess we'll just have to see what we think come then.  Or, in another few weeks I'll change my mind again.  Who knows.  Lord help us.

I'll leave you with a 30 week picture as I feel like it's been a while since I've gifted you with a picture of my protruding tummy :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You look great Em! We gave Rosie hamburger, rice, and boiled chicken when she stopped eating dog food. She ate that until the very end. If she wouldn't eat that for some reason, we would give her pieces of hard-boiled egg. She always loved that. Good luck with everything!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete