Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Friends

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on." ~Baz Luhrman

I have had a lot of friends in my lifetime.  I had friends in elementary school, in middle school, in high school, college and now.

I have also lost friends.  It doesn't really effect you until you are old enough to grasp what it means.  I lost my best friend from high school and from college for reasons I don't think I'll ever know.

But I've kept friends, too.  Dear friends.  We may not see or talk to each other every day or even every week but I still love them dearly and am thankful for them.

As we are growing up, we are grow apart in distance.  I got together with these three this past weekend - the first time I've seen them in a while.  Seeing them reminded me why I adore them.  I love that whenever we get together again it's like we just saw each other yesterday...


Jillian
I met Jill when we were freshmen in college.  We were random roommates and I think I can speak for her when I say that it was lucky :) From the very beginning we hit it off (the first night we stayed up in our dorm room and talked until 4AM).

Jill lives in MD with her boyfriend Adam.  Adam has been around a long time and I love him, too.  I miss them both so much.

I am hoping Jill will be saying, "yes" soon (*hint, Adam*) and will start a family soon after as I know they both want babies and I can't wait for Lucy to be friends with their little ones!!!

so damn cute! :)


Meghan
Meghan and I began being friends in, like, 4th grade through CCD (Catholic classes) and swim team.  We were not best friends, but we've remained friends and obviously our friendship has grown throughout the years.

As have our families.  Meghan married Ryan last summer.  We love Ryan.  And now, they are welcoming a baby in January!!!!  I am so excited for them and can't wait to experience what Mark and I have been experiencing for the last two months.

I can't wait for our kids to be friends!  They may not be best friends as Meghan and Ryan live in Leesburg, but these kids will be friends and I'm so glad.  Meghan and I have had some amazing times together and I can't wait for what is next.



Lindsey
Lindsey and I met our senior year in college.  We were both English Education majors and we both had to change to English majors because we couldn't pass the Praxis.  Awesome.  BUT we are both fully certified now and are both happily teaching delinquents.

Lindsey is dating Gus.  Gus is in the Army and just deployed to Afghanistan (prayers please).  Lindsey is doing something very rare this coming year.  She is going to a country called Turkmenistan to teach!!!  It's an amazing opportunity and I'm excited for her experiences.


I have kept other friends throughout the years but these are the three I've been closest with throughout the years.  From all stages of my life.  Although we are in very different places, in our lives and geographically, I am thankful for them and love them very much.

1 comment: