Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby food

So, at Lucy's appointment the other day we asked our doctor whether or not we should start feeding her cereal at three months.  He said he usually does it at four - so we'll wait.  Meanwhile, I'm going to be looking at devices to make our own baby food.  I figure we'll save some money that we didn't save because I didn't breast feed.  Plus, Mark and I tried baby food at my baby shower with his family.  It was not yummy and I can't imagine making my little girl eat it!

So, I'm doing some research and was wondering if anyone has heard good/bad things about any kind of baby food mixers.  **Note: we are not in the business of spending a lot of money on this.

These are the few that I've been looking at:

Brezza is the most expensive of the bunch but it steams and purees the ingredients.

Comes with amazing assortment of storage, etc.  But doesn't steam.

The original Bullet.  Not specifically for baby food like the other two.  Unlike the picture, it doesn't come with any storage (all extra).  

Any opinions or hear-say about these products or any like them?

3 comments:

  1. I am planning to make my own baby food too. Let me know what works for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get the Brezza and then let me use it when I have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily WellenAugust 05, 2011

    I tried to make my baby food but it was a little time consuming.. Make sure if you are sending her to a daycare they will accept it...mine did not, so I stopped..

    I steamed the food on the stove top and used this to smush it:
    http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-Baby-Steps-Food-Carrying/dp/B00006G9LI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312597119&sr=8-2

    And then this to store:
    http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Cubes-Storage-Containers-Bisphenol-/dp/B001B5DTO2/ref=sr_1_6?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1312597190&sr=1-6

    ReplyDelete