Last night was the American Idol finale. I know after Simon left, I felt like it wouldn't be the same, and I'll admit I kind of thought it's lost some of it's credibility, BUT then again, Randy knows his shit too... even though he's super annoying with his "YO"s and his "DAWG"s. He knows a lot about music.
Anyway, I thought it was great. I thought the exact two people who were in the finale should have been in the finale. They were awesome. On Tuesday, I seriously thought that Jessica took the night - she killed 2/3 of her songs. Although I have been a fan of Phil Phillips since DAY ONE (yea I called it), he didn't have a great night... until his last song and he blew it up. Loved it.
Onto last night....
Jessica has an amazing voice; there's no doubt she will go somewhere. Her range is other-worldly. She is just this tiny, mousey, itty-bitty thing and when she opens her mouth, boy does she have some pipes!!!!!!!!!! And she looked gorgeous in that red dress.
But, she was too pop-y. She claimed to be soul - but she always sang pop. However, "I Will Always Love You?" Shutup.
Performance with that Holliday person?? What. in. the. hell? What. in. the. hell? That woman
a.) looked like her wig was going to fall off.
b.) looked like she was on crack-cocaine.
c.) he eyes and lips? and then everyone clapped wildly for her. what the heck.
Now, Phil on the other hand. Phil and Fogerty? Yes, please. Phil and his final WINNING performance? Can you say freaking adorable? OMG - so modest and I absolutely love him. Love him.
He is so current: shades of Mumford and Sons, Jack Johnson, really folk-y and I. LOVE. IT.
In other notes:
Fantasia. Who in the hell dressed that woman? She is fat, and was wearing some sort of cat-woman-like leotard????? I was appalled. Beyond so.
J-Lo. Love her but girl, you are not 20 anymore. Geez.
Aerosmith. Still love them. But I was bored.
Rihanna. never like her.
Fogerty. best part of the night.
Neil Diamond. fun
The engagement!?!? so awkward. so. so. so. awkward. I was embarrassed for both of them. immensely.
Don't remember her name but the old woman ALSO in a leotard with a camel toe. nuff said.
If I missed any of the guests it was because they weren't of note. And were boring.
Team Phil.
No comments:
Post a Comment