Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend

We had such a good weekend.  This'll be a loaded post as I don't have time to do several little ones this week.  BUSY week leading up to my baby's 1st birthday!!!!!!!

Friday, Lucy and I started the weekend with a trip to Walmart for (what I thought was) the last of the supplies for her bday... humph the buying never ends.  BUT I did come across this little gem :)
$5!!


"What!?"
Saturday morning, Lucy, Mal and I headed up the road to Manassas.  We spent some time at the pool :) Lucy is a water baby if I ever saw one.  She was literally doggy-paddling and putting her head under the water and SWIMMING.  It was insane.  She had so much fun 

"I love the waterrrrrr!!!"

notice the SOAKING wet hat


love, love, love

We had a cookout Saturday night and Lucy went swinging with her uncle.  Oh I love this face.


We headed back home Sunday afternoon after hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa for a bit more.  I like to travel during Lucy's nap time (Saturday we did morning nap - around 1030 - and Sunday we did afternoon nap - around 3.)  It's much easier not to have to entertain her the entire trip.

When we got home she watched TV while Mark and I were making dinner.  

doesn't her little body just KILL YOU!?

We ate for the first time out on the deck in our new outdoor set.  It was great!

On Monday, I had planned to get some things done but Lucy had different plans.  She needs to transition to a one-nap-a-day schedule, but I am going to wait (much to Mark's chagrin) until I get out of school.  Her morning nap is the one we'll do away with because the girl just ain't havin' it!  She did sit and have some quite time and ended up falling asleep for a little while.  But, I think it'll be an easy transition.  Then again, what hasn't been easy with this kid?



just got done snacking on Ducky's toesies

She was touching hers and Ducky's toes together and giggling.  I. was. dying.
When she got up and was full after lunch, I decided to try out her new pool.  I'm still desperately trying to get some color on my pale body!!! :) She loved it.  I brought out her sand stuff and some bath toys and she went to town.







I know, too many pictures of her in the pool but I love it!

She didn't want to sit in her chair so I put her in mine and I sat in hers for a second.  She laughed.  I love that she's realizing what's funny!!!  Her laugh is so contagious.

not a jungle gym, kid
When Mark got home from work we headed over to his cousin's for a little birthday celebration.  We were playing cornhole and Lucy wanted in.  She is so good at putting things places.  She was the winner!!! :)


"And you go riiiight there."
Right before dinner I wanted to get a family picture of us that was half-way decent.  We are hardly ever together and looking nice so I took this time to get it!!  

We took several and Lucy was either not looking at the camera, not smiling or both. I think these two turned out great and I'll frame one!! :)



What a good weekend.  EIGHT days of school left!!!!!!!  Can't freakin' wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment