Monday, May 21, 2012

Lake Anna

We had a very eventful weekend!  The lake was so awesome.  But, I feel like I need a weekend to recoup from the weekend!  
Either way, we had a great weekend - so, so, so much fun!!!

No-nap Lucy (ie. Mommy shoving snacks down her throat)

We headed up on Friday - wanted to be there early but that didn't happen.  When we got there, I took a few pics of the place.  It was big enough to fit all 20 of us with a 90 year old and a 1 year old.





Every one got there Friday and we had pizza for dinner and delish cupcakes for dessert.  

On Saturday morning Mallory and I made breakfast.  We were hardly able to put the food on the table to be served before we were swarmed by our family members who devoured every morsel.  So, no pictures of it!  But it was an amazing spread if I do say so myself!!

When Lucy went down, I snuck outside for as long as I could before she was up again.  I tried to get some color, but alas, nothin.  I still look like a ghost.

We drank some beer in the sun (no better way) and laughed at each other.  Mark and Chris took Mark's John boat out with a tube on the end haha.  He spent his time fishing and I sunning.  

setting up the boat and tube.  dorks.

Chris. the first victim... of his wife's berating for sitting the "wrong way"

big fish

life jacket diaper


kayaking

Joey and Uncle Danny stayed up in the house so I gave them the duty to call me when Lucy was up.  Danny called me and I ran up to save her from crying.  When I got up to the house Danny told me to take the stairs (instead of going in through the downstairs door where Lucy was sleeping).  
When I went upstairs I saw this:


Joey wasn't too happy about having his picture taken but she was laying on his lap.  and I died.  She's waking up a bit in this picture but she was just wedged right in there.  Cutest thing ever.  Joey, Nicky and Danny are guy's guys if you know what I mean; but, they were so, so cute with my baby girl.  Nicky kept saying "she's really cute" haha.  We need to get together with my family more often.  Everyone did there own thing but we did it together and it went so smoothly.  I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. 

Everyone came up for hot dogs and hamburgers at lunchtime.  Frank finally got his butt out of bed.
Just in time to give Lucy some Mountain Dew (really, old man!?!?) to which he received a kiss of gratitude from the little punk.


and then a little dance :)


then some play time with her uncles :)



after lunch we headed back down with Great Grandpa and Lucy

getting Frank down there was not easy despite the "handicap accessible" house we rented...

When we got down, we went on a little pontoon boat ride. Lucy likes the water :)



Mallory was teaching me how to shoot in manual... this kid's the best subject to test on



stealing Auntie Sue's Snapple

after we all gathered to get ready for dinner (super yummy chicken kabobs), Peggy made us take family pictures.  And she's the boss.  So we fake smiled and got. it. done.

we missed Auntie Erin but these people are the "1st generation"

all the kids/spouses/great grand kid :)
good looking bunch o' kids.  I tell ya!

We took one of all 20 of us but I didn't have that one... I'll add it when I get it :)



after dinner we had yummy strawberry shortcake and Lucy enjoyed some of Aunt Mal's :)

Later that evening we occupied ourselves with some laughter by the fire pit


and then we played games wee into the midnight hour.

Good morning sunshine :)


separating what she doesn't want to eat... 

baby geese :)

On Sunday, we had some of my fave breakfasts (continental) and left so Lucy could nap in the car on the way home.  

When we got home we set up her pool so we could go outside in the heat, but it started to rain so instead we went to BJs to stock up on her bday supplies :)  She lounged while Daddy shopped!






In other pictures (should have been in the last blog):

Lucy the day after she was born

my Mother's Day art :) 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Sounds like you all had a great time at the Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. picture overload post = love!!!! can't wait to squeeze that girls cheecks SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete