So you know those weeks/months that just go on forever and it's just like one thing after another?
We're having one of those over here y'all!
It's a combination of being busy at school, being procrastinators (mostly Mark, though) and wanting things done before Lucy's party... we're in crunch time!!!
Needless to say, it is CRAZY TOWN up in here this week!!!
So, today when I went to work I was exhausted... when I walked into first period (very late) I was trying to get everything together and didn't notice anything odd. But a little girl in my class, Valerie, had made me a cake. for appreciation. Listen, as a high school teacher we don't get little thoughtful gifts from our kids like the elementary school teachers get every so often. I'm not in this gig for the gifts, believe me cuz I'dda quit a looong time ago. But, it's nice to know you're appreciated.
| I mean, cute or what! And it was absolutely delicious - everything was homemade!!!!!!!!!!! |
She also had some of the kids in my class (the ones who'd participate) sign this and put it on my door :)
Then, not only that!!! but one of my students from last semester gave me a hand written note of appreciation!!! It seriously made my day. So cute.
| Nabeel is an exchange student. He was brilliant. And just the sweetest, most respectful kid. I'll really miss him. |
And then, to top it all off!!!!!! I get a text from Mark right after school...
I just received a call from my high school football coach to tell me I was elected into my high school's athletic hall of fame.
How cool is that!?!?!?
Seriously, it's really amazing.
When Mark stopped playing ball it really broke my heart. He definitely could have continued for a while. It was his personal choice to, but essentially he stopped because he wanted to start a family and that's always weighed very heavy on my shoulders.
We watch baseball and he sees so many guys he played with throughout his four years and I know it makes him sad and angry to watch them do what he wanted to do. And it breaks my heart.
So, yes, it's a high school hall of fame and not the one in Cooperstown, but it's an amazing feat.
He deserves to be recognized!
| I'm not sure what he's being inducted for, and I couldn't find any high school pics, but here's a pic of him at Radford. |
I'm so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment