Tuesday, September 11, 2012

be kind to one another

I didn't have enough time to do any sort of lesson in class today pertaining to September 11th.  But I didn't want it to go unnoticed by my students (who were 4-5 years old when the attacks happened).

So, I dared them today.  I said, "I dare you all to be nice!"  Some countered, "I AM nice!!" 

Maybe, but I wanted them to be even nicer.  We listened to THIS song and watched THIS video.  We talked about making a difference and paying it forward and karma... and I dared them to do one kind thing today.  But, not just any kind act, one that they wouldn't have done otherwise - you know, on a normal day.

Who knows, maybe their one kind act will trickle into the kind act that changes someone's life.

So, I dare you too :) 
be kind to one another!!!

1 comment: