I have been following a blog for a while that absolutely breaks my heart. I don't remember how I was introduced to the blog, but when I first saw the little girl's face, I saw in it my Lucy.
The family is fun and faithful and positive and loving and just the right amount of quirky.
And they just found out that their 2 year old daughter has a tumor in her brain.
I follow this family so closely now that Lucy and I pray for "Reesh" at night when we say our prayers.
Weird? Maybe a little - but it's like I said, I see Lucy in this baby's face. Every time I look at her. And I imagine myself in the position of that mother and their whole family. And I cry over Reese and my heart hurts because what if?
I live in constant fear of something happening to Lucy. Will she stop breathing randomly at night? Will she fall down the stairs when I'm not watching her closely enough? Will something happen to her while I'm at work? Will we get into a car accident? Will she eat the poisonous Vick's steam liquid for her humidifier? Oh wait...
And then when the Sandy Hook Elementary incident/tragedy happened I thought I would just fall over. I am a mother, and not only that but I am a teacher and my sister is a teacher and I have family members who are teachers. I felt close to the situation as someone who is in a school all day but also as someone who will one day have to send her kid(s) to a school all day long...
And I saw Lucy in each and every one of those baby's faces. Every one of them. And I cried for days and I still cry. What if something like that happened to my baby?
I am not trying to sound tragic or depressing or morbid. Being a parent is the most rewarding thing I've ever experienced and I love it more than anything. I am merely wondering if my fears will ever subside... or even lessen.
My guess is the answer is no...
And that is a good answer. If your fear ever subsided, you wouldn't be her mama. Hugs.
ReplyDelete