I read a blog who gave me an idea of how to do my resolutions this year. I feel like I have to write them down in order for them to get done... Also, I don't keep them so MONTHLY resolutions will be easier to keep... 30 days each? We'll see. And they say something becomes a habit after 28 days so maybe all of the resolutions will stick. Ha.
January
I am starting out easily. So no judgies. My January resolution is to relax. And that's not to kick back and put my feet up all the time in order to watch everyone else around me work. I mean stop being such an anxious freak. Just chill out, Emily.
February
Ok, I see people who give up the internet for a whole month or something ridiculous but I can't do that. Just can't. Sorry. But I saw this and it inspired me. So I'm going to put the phone down. Just put it down and do other things.
March
Go to church every Sunday. Easter is this month and I'm sure we'll go then so that's why I chose this month - easier goal to meet!
April
Restart the morning workout (don't praise me too much, it took less than 5 minutes) I did in December... I'm just so freaking tired in the mornings!!!!!!!!!
May
Kinda goes with February's resolution... be a better mom.
I know, I know, I'm a good mom but I want to be more present as in play with her and engage her and make up some art projects and just be.
June
Be patient, bite my tongue, pick my battles, take deep breaths...
July
Go somewhere we've never been and enjoy a long weekend with just my family of three :)
August
Read Les Mis - yea it's, like, 9 months after the movie but whatever I read books before I see movies and I don't have time to read until summer and I figured August is good because of the beach!!
September
Start a new teaching job(?)
Don't know if I'm ready to get out of Caroline yet but I was having a hard time with a resolution for September so I thought this could be it, or one to put down until I figured out a better one :)
October
We had a lot of fun at a costume party last year, so I'd like to throw one of our own. I don't think our house is big enough and hopefully it'll be warm so people can go outside :)
November
Don't spend a single dime on myself this month. I do budget myself, but I don't want to spend selfishly - Lucy doesn't count ;) Thought it'd be a good one right before Christmas. And I have to eat so food doesn't count. duh.
December
Do 10 random acts of kindness... no matter how big.
I just have to say I am kinda excited about this and I hope I'm able to stick to some of these!!!
Sounds great! Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete