Sunday, January 27, 2013

What we've been up to

I just seriously don't have time to blog. Every night I don't have papers to grade, I tell myself  to blog BUT after the days that I have... I just literally don't have the energy. So, a couple of times a month is all the attention I can pay to this blog... and that means twice. I'll update twice a month... or once. Until spring break or summer. 

Anyway... next week I'll update you on my goal for January :) you know, the resolution.

For now, let's talk about what's been up since the new year!

Well, Mark has started working 6 days a week again.. might start 7 days but 1/2 days Saturday and Sunday... Lucy's favorite new thing is to comment about what Mommy does and Daddy and Lucy too... so today she kept saying Mommy do it, Lucy do it and Daddy too... then she'd say Daddy work.
I told Mark - not to hurt his feelings but more to tell him that she knew where he was and that she was thinking about him - but I think it made him sad and so he's def changing to make his Sunday hours shorter!

Also, Mark and I celebrated three years this month. It was freezing cold on our anniversary and that day I felt the worse out of all the days I was sick. So, the delicious dinner I had looked forward to from Mexico went uneaten by me at least, and Mark came home early to a wife couch-ridden and a baby to take care of! In sickness and health, right :) Luckily, we went out the weekend before to dinner and a movie (thanks aunt mow and uncle chish). Yummy dinner, loong movie and it was the night I started getting sick. Sheesh, winter, way to take the fun out of an anniversary!
Mark and I did well married, we did well pregnant, we did well when I was home with Lucy the first three months and then shit hit the fan, you guys. I went back to work and we had no clue what we were doing... having been married 8 months when we got pregnant and living together less than a year we were still really learning about each other. We took a while to hit our stride as parents, and I won't say we've perfected it, at all, but I will say that we are really working at it every day. This year was a lot better than last year and I feel like every year it will get better and easier. Honestly, on his worst day, I am still so thankful for him and all the things he is able to do and does for me and especially for Lucy. 
He really is a good catch :)

That being said... here's a smorgasbord of pictures and narration. Because that's all I've got y'all.

yes, as a matter of fact, a lot of my pictures are of Lucy staring at the TV. 
I'm alone at night and have to cook dinner. Lucy likes to snake around my legs and reach her spider arms onto the counter and stove. Also she enjoys a movie - namely "Belle" lately - so I'm not denying her what makes her happy. And Caillou. so there's that.

running away from getting her jammies on

a lot of my pictures of her here are going to be her snuggled up... she spent the better part of January with sniffles and a cough. and a fever some too :( poor peanut. can't imagine why... I mean the 30 degree weather one day and 70 the next can't have anything to do with it, right?

on the weekends I have been trying out some new hair for Lucy... SO hard to do this because she won't sit still and shakes her head and rips out the ponies/bows... hence the face in the pic on the left

bash (bath) ... she lovessss baths. requests the immediately after dinner

the many sassy faces of Lucy Evelyn...

piggies were my go-to until I found out she can get a pony tail!

I blame Aunt Mal for this one

PONY TAIL!! :) I love this kidddddd

I request a smile, this is what I get

we've had a few days of snow. Lucy was not a fan so we didn't get her dressed up to play in it... when it sticks around a little longer maybe we'll do it. Plus, I was so sick during this first snow, there was no way I could take her out in it

a fever means some snuggling in mommy's blanket on the couch :)

Perhaps the most eventful (?) thing to happen this January was that I totaled my car. No need to go into details because I was and am traumatized by it, pissed off at myself, and just so many emotions going on about it. But Lucy enjoyed her chair inside Grandma and Grandpa's house :)

uncle Greg visited and Lucy served him some tea :)

a smile despite feeling so snotty :( I'm telling you, lotttts of snot this month ;) ha!

I LOVE that she loves her kitchen :) she uses it more and more often every day/week

a kid Mark teaches lessons for (2 lessons/week for the last three years and the kid is only 10.) goes to every VCU home basketball game. they invited us, we went :) Fun date night for me and Mark

LOVES wearing her chef hat :)

the 4 musketeers
Lucy, mekkie (blankie), puppy, and ducky 
I love that she has these lovies and is able to be comforted by them.

So that's that, I guess.
Aside from a lot of sniffles between Lucy and me, and the car wreck the month has been quite normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment