Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lately

So I needed to get on the ball and get some pictures loaded - so this post will encompass a whole lot of things.

1. 
Ok first will be me. Me and the babe. The unborn one.
I had my 20 week ultrasound at the beginning of September and blogged about it.
I didn't include that they scheduled another one for my last appt. due to some concerns. They thought there was some disconnection of the cord and the placenta and also saw a "shaded" part of the baby's heart.

At my 24 week appt. we found out that all was well. My Tri 21 % changed a bit to 1/10,000 to 1/5,555 which is still well within the normal range, so they tell me. So, we are still on track for a healthy baby.

Other than that, Lucy and I took a little spill down the stairs the other night. I have been telling myself for a while that picking my nearly 40lb toddler up whenever she wants to be needs to stop, however, when she says, "care-me mommy" I just can't say no. I'm going to have to, though. It was a minor slip, only 2-3 steps - I am fine, Lucy is fine - but I have the bruises on my bum to account for the painfulness. So, I'll cut down on the carrying her up and down the stairs but otherwise I'm going to pick her up and cuddle her whenever I want. 

This babe is no different than Lucy was in the activity in my belly. It's a kicker. However, Lucy never kicked me at night and I was up last night several times getting my ass whooped by this thing.
I knew we couldn't have another good sleeper like Lucy ;) 
dang.



My tailbone is beginning to be a little more painful than it has. I know that by now with Lucy I was in much more pain so I feel like I can't complain too much. And seeing as how it's never really gone away, I'm sorta used to it. 

Leg. cramps. are. the. devil. I got up last night with them so bad that I didn't think they'd go away. It was not pleasant. I heard that drinking more water should help. Dangit I'm just not good at that.

2. 
Lucy and I went up to NoVA/Maryland this past weekend for my bestie's babies 1st birthday. It was SO nice to see her as I haven't seen any of them since Lucy's bday in June and I hadn't seen her parents in years - literally! I just love them and we had such a good time celebrating and watching Lucy take the lead in helping Henley with everything. She was a great friend and really enjoyed opening her presents, eating her cake, and stealing her gifts. 





Lucy took some pictures herself... including a few uncomplimentary ones of mommy...



ha. Henley is like wtf








3. 
On Sunday we went to Carter's Mt. for some apple picking. I got SO many apples and can not wait to make some delicious applesauce. I also acquired a recipe for apple butter and I hope I can pull that off too :) It was actually a hot day but we had a great time. Juggling a toddler, camera, and apples was hard but I got a few pics.



daddy taught her to wear her hat backwards. that's the only way she'll wear it now. I think it's cute - especially with her princess necklace ;)


she picked one all by herself






4. 
A few things about Lucy too :)

She likes to "dress up"... recently it's been the clothes daddy leaves lying around the house.


She's also obsessed with Lion King. The other week Mark texted me when I was at school and I got the text during class. He NEVER texts so I read it thinking it might be something important. Soon I was hysterically laughing and shared the text with my co-teacher and class.



Tonight she licked her thumb and smeared it across my forehead and said SIMBA!
The kid is a trip.

She never stops talking... like ever. She says the funniest things, seriously. And she loves to sing. 

Oh, and I smashed her finger in the car door. That was the worst.



It's 80+ degrees right now and I'm just ready for the fall at this point. I do not fit into any clothes that are appropriate for this hot weather. Let's go, Mother Nature. Get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment