Monday, September 9, 2013

A life of baseball

For Father's Day/Mark's 30th Birthday Lucy and I gave him tickets to see a White Sox/Os game. Lucy may have gifted it but it was just for mommy and daddy :)

We left Friday night and stayed with my parents so the drive up wouldn't be as long. Saturday Mark and I made our way up to Baltimore without a dog and babe in tow :) 

The game was at 1:05PM and we got there around 12:30 so Mark could talk to some of the Sox in the bull pen. He played with the Os organization for four years and the Sox for one. He knew a lot of guys playing and we chatted with them for a bit before finding our seats.




Mark played in Frederick, Salisbury, Aberdeen, and Sarasota

Our seats were pretty good (if I do say so myself) and the weather was absolutely perfect. I mean not above 83, sunny, and breezy. Our backs were to the sun in our seats and we were only a few rows away from the first base line. 


We pigged out on Old Bay seasoned everything, and tons of yummy snacks. It was like heaven. Mark's buddy Nate Jones (pitcher for the Sox) actually got to pitch which was really exciting and Mark got some great pics throughout the game for teaching purposes, of course.




Mark played with Hector when he was traded to the Sox

He also played with Gordon

bull pen

he played with Weiters for a short time in spring training before he got traded


Nate getting called in :)





throwing the heat!

faced only five batters but got a K on all three... AND struck out the side. and Matt Weiters. :)

The Os won and we picked up a little present for our girl before we headed to the hotel. We changed and headed out to the Inner Harbor to walk around and have a delicious seafood dinner. I mean delicious. We didn't leave a bit of food on our appetizer or entree plates.
Not a crumb.

the Harbor was really pretty. a perfect night for a walk




don't mind the Hard Rock... get a load of that Barnes and Noble!! :)


a big boy shower :)

After dinner we walked back to the hotel where we snuggled up and I promptly fell asleep without a single worry about a little girl or a puppy. It was glorious.

We just had the best time. We were able to talk about husband and wife things, we held hands, we focused on each other. It was just wonderful. I recommend it for any parents out there - just a night away every once in a while. I really can't say enough how much fun we had. 

Unfortunately, Sunday morning came too soon and we were back on the road home for a double header for Mark's team back down in Richmond. Now we have fall ball through October and then hunting season. Ah, well, there's always next year ;)

We thank my mom and dad for watching the heathens ;)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you all had such a great time :) Pat and I need a date night somethin' fierce!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Em! Looks like a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete