Thursday, December 19, 2013

36 Weeks

First, I want to say it is not possible that I only have "4" weeks left. 
Also, the " " are for the fact that I think there's a good chance I'll be late. Or early. Who knows.

Second, I want to confess that I have eaten trash (some people call it puppy chow) before dinner, after dinner, and some times for breakfast - oh and when I get home from school - since Lucy and I made it last week.
One night Mark came home from work to find me on the couch watching TV covered in powdered sugar.
This is my life now.
And this is what I picture the next four weeks to be like: 



For real.

So, anyway, a few things about being 36 weeks pregnant the second time around:
+my heartburn with Lucy was 10 months long. I get it sporadically now - mostly at night. And it sucks when I do but I'm thankful it's not all. the. time.
+I am now getting hot flashes. It's so weird to me because I'm usually the collllddd one and now, especially at night, Mark is bundled in 247 blankets and I'm sweating under a sheet. 
+The baby moves all. the. time. It never gives me a break and it is strong. Seriously strong.
+My hips and my right ribs seem to be the focus of the brunt of kicks/hits/nudges... ouch! Mostly it's wedged itself under my ribs which is completely uncomfortable and I can hardly bend over. At night, my hips go numb and it wakes me up. I have to pee and wake up. I have to haul myself around to turn over. Night time is not pleasant.
+Speaking of hips - I think the kid turned itself around this past weekend - will update that when I go to the doc today (*dr. said head is nice and low*)... I was SUPER uncomfortable and my hips hurt a lot. Now, the kid is noticeably kicking the hips and my legs are going numb randomly. I'm just waiting for a leg to give out while I'm at school just walking around...
+I AM SO THANKFUL that this baby is not on my tailbone like Lucy was. She was there for the last, probably, two months of my pregnancy and it was painful. I still have problems with it but for now it's not worsened with this pregnancy. 
+My belly button (which was the cause of a lot of strife during my 1st pregnancy) has popped and I couldn't care less. I am large as life and waddle. I mean a popped belly button is the least of my worries. However, what hasn't come about yet is that ugly brown line underneath my belly button which I'm sure will show up soon.
+I'm going to bed earlier and earlier; not because I'm tired but because I'm uncomfortable so laying down in my pillow and falling asleep is the best way to combat that.
+At the doctor, no progress. Which is good for now :) Ask me again in 4 weeks.
+I am seriously having panic attacks because I am not sure I'm ready for a baby? Everyone at school knew I was pregnant last year because they were all waiting for it. You know, two years is around the time a lot of people wait between babies. Some even commented that they were surprised we waited as long as we did... what? Well I can tell you it's because of the feelings I'm having right now.
I'm freaking out.
Lucy was the perfect baby. THE perfect baby. She rarely cried, she ate fine all the time, we never had explosive diapers, she was flexible with sleeping times (still is!) and was sleeping through the night by 3 months old. I mean we could not have asked for an easier first baby. I just know this next one is going to be tough. Just pray for me because, if you know me, you know I am a liiiiittle high strung at times. And pray for Mark because he likes his sleep. And pray for Lucy. And my marriage. Just pray.
+I finished Lucy's room which I LOVE. I mean I could spend all my time in that room I love it so. The baby's room is full of wrapping stuff and Christmas gifts BUT has all the components (except a name above the crib, of course) and I will finish it after Christmas. I can't wait to see it all put together. I am really excited about it. Also, it has a moose.
I will do a post on all the thought and the little things I've put into each room so that they are "similar". I know Lucy will never know the little touches I made here and there, nor will anyone else. but I do.


I guess that's it?
Christmas, we're ready for you.
2014, we're ready for you, too.
And baby? hold off for a bit so we can get some stuff done and I can feel more ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment