Fourth of July.
This year Mark had a tournament; I haven't been to any of his games yet so I went with him on Sunday. It. was. hot. I was very ill-prepared. You wouldn't believe what these parents come to games with... coolers filled with drinks, sammies, and snacks, their own little lounge chairs, tents, sunscreen and more!
I showed up in a cotton dress and flip flops.
I left with dirty feet, a sweat-soaked dress and a sunburn.
Anyway, it was fun to see Mark's boys go all the way! I like to think that had a little to do with my being there, and of course, Mark's coaching skills.
After Mark's games, we headed home for a quick shower and off to more baseball! We went to the Squirrel's game with Mark's family. It was a long game. 10 innings, but seeing as how I had already been through 14 innings earlier, AND the Squirrels threw away their win three batters in a row........ but one hot dog, one pretzel rod, Dippin' Dots, peanuts, kettle corn and some fireworks, we headed home.
We saw this same count 3 batters in a row...
You can't get any more American than fireworks and baseball.
No comments:
Post a Comment