Are you excited?
It's finally here!
The big revealll!!!
OUR NEW KITCHEN!!!!
I know many of you have been waiting with bated breath for the last few months. No? Right. Well here it is anyway :)
Some of our before pictures... omg just looking at the clutter makes me break out in hives. Also, notice our 1970 microwave. Awesome.
Well, after the clean out we began the demolition. I helped. ish.
The cabinets were put up in two Sundays by my dad with some help from my father-in-law. They also put in my our new stainless appliancessss!! Great job, guys!!
We went 4 weeks, that's right 4 weeks, with an unfinished kitchen. After the week for the cabinet installation, we had an additional 3 weeks to wait for our counter tops to be installed as well as our new sink. We ate a lot of Subway, Mexico carry-out, and cereal for dinner. I had tostitos and queso one night. Really healthy.
We each gained 10 lbs.
So after all that waiting, the counters came in, the sink was installed and we had a new kitchen! We just painted finally and bought hardware thank God and light fixtures. I feel like this is so anticlimactic... but, here it is!!!!!!!
There is so much more space. You can't see the sage color we painted the walls but it is fabulous. Mark said he has good taste. I rolled my eyes.
More new additions...
Our much debated-on hardware:
Getting rid of this hideous gold thing
for these less obnoxious brush nickel fixtures
and this has got. to. go.
the replacement?
Now all we have left are curtains... andddd the tile back splash that my husband so desperately needs.
Thank God it's over.
The downstairs is almost completely finished. All we have left is the cluster that is supposed to be a dining room. I would like to make it a reading room. Our next adventure!!!
We are getting things done. s l o w l y...
Stay tuned for my new TV stand. We've only been in the market for that since DECEMBER!!!!!
It looks great, Emily! Congrats!! We are wanting new appliances as well - they are down the line, though ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is Courtney Woodward by the way ;)
This looks great! How fun! I can't wait until we have our own house and can decorate....you have GREAT taste! Love it!
ReplyDelete