Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day of Remembrance

It is really hard to believe that it's already been nine years since the attack on America.  9/11 is such a powerful day of emotions for not only the people who were directly affected by the tragedy, but for all of America.

Since 9/11 we have had our boys and girls in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting for the freedom every human should be entitled to.  So today we don't just remember the friends and family who's lives were destroyed as a direct result of the towers, airplanes, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time in NY that day, but we remember and honor the firefighters and police forces who were there that day, and the soldiers who have continued to protect our country from afar;; we remember the brave souls who made unselfish choices that day.  Nothing tugs on my heart more than the people who helped save lives that day and every day since.

This country will never forget.



On a separate note of remembrance, I am gaining a few of my Granny's belongings.  Mallory and Mom went over to her house today to gather some things and I think I'm getting some really great stuff.  I'm excited to get it all and have pieces of my beloved Granny scattered around my home.  I will be sure to take pictures and post them when they arrive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment