Monday, November 22, 2010

B.A.B.Y.

So, here's what you all have been waiting for I'm sure :) :) And please excuse that I don't have a "bump" but more of a fat "bulge" right now.  I'm working on it, and so is the little peanut!!  It's growing so fast - it's crazy.  S/He is jumping around, too.

Also thought you should know that the doctors keep saying "normal" and "perfect" and "good" so I'm figuring that everything is going all right!  I don't know what they're talking about half the time but as long as the words "normal" and "good" keep coming out of their mouths, we are satisfied!!

We were goofing around the other night and taking quizzes, using the Chinese Lunar Calendar and looking at lists of "if you see this... you're having a girl", "if you have this... you're having a boy."  Well, we came out just about even.  WTF.  Oh well, it was fun to see the difference.  Mark is now gearing for a girl, and I am gearing for a boy :)  This way, we'll be excited either way!

1st ultrasound - baby at 9 weeks... a little peanut!! :)

me at 12 weeks 2 days - spare me if you didn't show til 7 months or whatever.  I hate you.
 Also, I was very careful to follow all of your rules and I am not un-clothed and my head is in the picture :)  excuse me for looking completely exhausted...

2nd ultrasound - baby at 12 weeks 3 days
 
see it's foot and hand? :) long legs, too!  But, have you seen my husband and brother?

a little bitty nose and profile

When I went in for the second ultrasound, it was the follow-up to the finger-prick I had to do on Halloween.  They were doing the NT screening which is measuring the spinal fluid.  This is the downs test (which all came back....normal).  The baby was being stubborn.  It was supposed to be flat out on it's back so the lady could measure the fluid.  Fetal position - that was the way this baby wanted to stay that day.  It wouldn't move!  The lady had me turning onto each side and then she kept bouncing on my belly... well I had to go in with a full bladder and when that lady was pushing I wanted to be like HELLOOOO DO YOU WANT ME TO PEE ON YOU? 

I also think this baby is a spunky thing... it kept jumping during the ultrasound, like the whole body would jump.  Full body hiccups!  So. cute.  I am weak in the knees for this little thing!!

Check back soon for more picture updates - no more ultrasounds until January! :) and mayyyyyyyybe my WONDERFUL husband will change his mind and let me find out the sex of this little cutie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment