Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas

Well, I'm pretty close to celebrating the one year anniversary for my blog and only two months out from celebrating a year with my husband!!  How this year flew by!!

Last week I meant to blog about the Christmas craft show that Mallory, Mom and I went to, but with the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT I kind of got side-tracked :)


This is the second year Mallory and I visited the Craftsmen's Christmas Classic at the raceway in Richmond.  It's huge and fabulous: Christmas music plays throughout the place, they had delicious hot chocolate samples, and some fabulous crafts.  I bought a beautiful painting as a Christmas present for the Demeria Christmas, and Mom got me and Mal a little souvenir.  

Last year I bought this sign and put it up in our family room:


This year, we passed the same crafty couple and I chose this sign:


Every Thanksgiving Grandma would give the blessing before we dug into the goodness and she said this every year.  It'll be hanging in my kitchen and I'm so happy to have it to remember Grandma and I hope we continue saying the blessing every year.

AND I forgot to blog about the little delivery Mom and Dad brought down when they came for the "big announcement" :) 

I got Granny's china cabinet.  It's the perfect fit for our evolving "reading room" and I'll finally be able to display our beautiful china!!  


I'm glad I have things to remember my Grandmas; they were great, great ladies.

1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for the perfect pumpkin color and I think I have found some good choices! We need to get paintingggg!

    ReplyDelete