Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend

This weekend I had so much fun :)

Friday my family came into town and we went to see TSO - don't know what that is?  Well, we didn't either.  Until we wised up and found out it was what we were seeing: Trans Siberian Orchestra.  I know their songs, and actually walked down the isle to their Christmas-y version of Canon D and I knew they were a rock-type orchestra that plays mostly Christmas music!  What I didn't know, and what none of my family knew, was that they have quite a fan following and people actually throw rock signs and holler at their concerts... t-shirts, posters and all.  I thought at one point a mosh pit might start!  But, it was rather entertaining - the music was fantastic.  The instrument playing is amazing, really.  And they have a laser/light/fire/effect show that goes along with their music which is super fun too!  It had a time or two where it got slightly dull, but when that happened the fans were enough to keep us entertained!!!












Saturday I went home to Manassas to see my parents and most importantly eat an early Thanksgiving dinner with one of my besties, Meghan!  Oh man... it was amazing.  I have been craving Thanksgiving foods for a while now!  This weekend didn't disappoint!
I hadn't seen Meg since Mallory's wedding and we didn't get to chat or catch-up at all with the festivities!  So, it was nice to FINALLY see her and get to catch myself up in her life.  And catch her up on mine!  I basically watched her cook all day :) And she did an amazing job on the turkey and mashed potatoes, I must say!  I made our fam's signature broccoli casserole and everyone there contributed a delicious plate.  We had green bean casserole, mac-n-cheese, STUFFING, gravy, sweet potatoes and gosh I hope I'm not forgetting anything!  Per usual, my plate was filled with a little of everything and I did my best to "push through the pain" as my sister says, but baby didn't allow me to.  I ate til my heart was content and it was amazing.  It was nice to see everyone and eat and enjoy the sparkling wine Meg got me as everyone else sipped their (I'm sure) delicious wine :) It was a great day, I over-stayed my welcome and finally went home to sleep off the tryptophan.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!



Sunday Mom and I went out to a few stores so I could get some a little more Christmas shopping done.  I am three COMPLETELY down and only three to go - not counting Mark's fam :)  I am slowly getting to the point of my mother and her amazing ability to be done with her shopping before October.  It's incredible. 
After the trek home to Richmond I finally got to see my husband and we went to see HARRY POTTER.  Do you remember my rant here?  Well, still true.  The movie did a fine job following the book and setting us up for the final installment :(  I look forward to the last movie; it will be the best, I'm sure!!!!  (Mallory, will you watch baby in July so Mark and I can go see it ;) Thanks!)  I think I'm not totally excited about this set because it means the end of an era.  I'm sad to see it go.  I'm glad, though, that I have all the movies and books so I can share them with my kids one day :) They'll love it!!!!!!!!!!


This week is a short week at work, and I'm glad.  I have so much catching up to do I can't even tell you.  While my husband is away AGAIN this weekend (dang hunting season...) I'll be sitting on the couch most likely watching the rest of my Oprahs or another movie I've seen 32094893 times like the Newsies and grading papers.  I'm excited.  I am.  Yay.

1 comment:

  1. A. I am mortified that I am such a pig and have sayings for stuffing your face.
    B. My kids won't be allowed to watch Array Potta.
    C. Your baby is adorable. Don't get too excited about the small nose - the cartilage has not formed...a big nose is inevitable.

    That's all :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete