Friday, April 15, 2011

Showers (yes, plural!!)

I am one spoiled mama :)

A few weeks ago the ladies at work threw me an adorable shower.  I got some really, really great things from them: feeding supplies, diapers!, hand drawn pics of giraffes for Baby's room's walls, blankies and socks and cute tiny outfits and so many other awesome things.  It was so SO nice to relax and laugh with them outside of school and talk about things that don't revolve around students and curriculum.  A lot of them are recently new moms so listening to their advice was really helpful.

Stephanie did such a cute job decorating and preparing.  I had such a fun time.

 notice the table cloth!  loooove the cupcakes!




I wish we could get together more often outside of school.  These girls are so much fun!!!!!


The very next day I was up in Manassas for my baby shower with my family.  My hostesses (all four of them!) did such an amazing job on all of the details.  A LOT of our family and friends were there and it was so great to see everyone.  It was a whirlwind day but I am so thankful for all the wonderful things we were gifted.  At the end of the day I was exhausted but it was a great feeling.  

 oh yes you will be, babyyyy!!! :) :)

 the dessert spread.  soooo yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

 Sara (soon-to-be cousin-in-law!) made these cupcakes from scratch :)

 yumm-o snackies.  and my adorable diaper cake... do you love it!?!?!?

 awesome centerpiece a la Aunt Mallory - looks perfect!

 my G giving me G the Giraffe ... softest most adorable stuffed animal EVER

 Crafty Cousin-in-law at it again :)

 proud, lucky and blessed mama :)


Finally this past weekend was my final shower with my in-laws.  My sisters-in-law and mother-in-law did such a fabulous job.  Mark dropped by for the opening of gifts and even got a few goodies for himself :)  


 biiiig belly

 the reason we will be making our own baby food :) so yucky

 Mark's fun gifts, pink and blue cigars to show off a boy or girl!!!  and a Daddy's Tool Belt


 funny guy

:) Mommy and Daddy :)

We are getting so close.  We have a few more odds and ends to get together (Baby's room) and some other pieces we feel we need and by we I mean me because Mark just doesn't get all the baby stuff yet.  He will, though.  When that baby is crying and he tries the bouncer, and the play mat and the jumparoo and the baby is still crying he'll be thankful we also have a swing...  It's going to be a such a learning experience for both of us.  

On another note, I got worried today.  For the last seven months or so I have convinced myself so much that I am absolutely sure we are having a girl.  However, there is nothing at all that has led me to this assumption except my own "motherly" feeling.  It's not like there is a 75% chance that it's a girl or anything like that... it's 50/50 people.  There may be a boy in here and at this point I have spent the pregnancy with GIRL on the mind.  What if it's a boy!?!?!?  I don't think I'm prepared!

Boys pee on you. 

Either way, I am so anxious to meet whatever this baby is.  I can't freakin' waaaaait!!!!!! 

Also, thanks again to all of our family and friends for putting on the showers, or coming to celebrate and for all the amazing gifts!!!  We love you all!

6 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Three baby showers?! You lucky girl! I think you look absolutely beautiful, Emily :) I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!!

    ReplyDelete