Last year I made quite a big deal out of what I think of the most popular New Year's Resolutions.
I'm not a huge fan of those resolutions, andd I don't think I'd keep them, in fact I know I probably wouldn't.
Every year I give up something for Lent. It used to be soda until I completely worked soda out of my life - the occasional Dr. Pepper, Sprite and (my weakness) Root beer show up in my diet but they are no longer a staple. I now give up something to make my personality or my brain or my confidence better. And I hope, like with the soda, it becomes permanent one day.
That's how I'll treat my Resolution this year.
I am going to resolve to do things that make me a better person and that make me like me better. Get it?
And hopefully these things will become permanent things in my life.
In the spirit of a true English teacher, I looked up the definition of resolution. It is (as described by dictionary.com), "a determination."
So, this year I am determined to (in no particular order):
+ Go to church more. Actually, go to church at all... whoops.
+ NOT try to do everything. I know, I know, seems like the opposite of what should be said, "try to do everything" but I do that now and I'm crazy in the head. Legit crazy.
I guess my mama's right, I don't have to be superwoman ... all the time.
+ Be patient. Be patient. Be patient. Be patient. Be patient.
+ Cook more - I'm actually writing down biweekly what I'd like to make for dinner. I hope I keep up with it!!! It'd be nice not to eat frozen food or Chicken-fil-a all the time.
+ Be thankful for the time I get to spend with my baby, instead of angry that it's not as much time as I'd like it to be...
+ Let go. Give up a little control...
I really think it helps that I have chosen things I know I'll be able to do, instead of things I know I won't.
I know I won't go to the gym. I know I won't eat healthier - unless you count the fact that I won't be eating as many frozen foods... I know I won't stop procrastinating; because then I just wouldn't be the me you all love. and I know you love me.
So, try to be determined this year. Make yourself a better person.
I hope I am able to practice what I preach!!
Wish me luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment