So, I don't know what it is, the fact that Lucy is getting older (and so am I!), the baby on the horizon or what but lately I've been feeling very nostalgic. So, I just wanted to compile a list of things I'd do if I could go back in time. What would I re-live? What would I do-over? Hmmm.
+If I could go back in time I would mend relationships I miss - figure out where the hell they went wrong. There are a select few people who I'd like to have a renewed relationship with - even if it is just a distant, we-only-send-cards-on-Christmas relationship.
+If I could go back in time I would go back to sophomore year of college when Jill and I walked in to Radio Shack - why, I can not for the life of me remember, but fatefully, we met Dale - and then he introduced us to the boys. I want to relive every moment with those guys (and Jill, duh) and just thinking about them makes me want to burst into tears as we have drifted just so far. When I screamed "A WART" at Dale because I misheard him. When Jill swore she'd never drink 99 bananas again, when Ry stood at the doorway to my room and said NBD (no big deal) 923849 times. Late night crusties and underwear door bombs (ha! don't ask). Jumping in the fountain. Tackling Dale and scuffing his face. Brent commenting that my shirt doesn't make me look fat, my fat makes me look fat. Quadfests. Halloweens. I could sit here all day and list things...
+If I could go back in time I would get that tick off Rocky before it made him sick.
+If I could go back in time I would get that tick off Rocky before it made him sick.
+If I could go back in time I would go back to the three days that Mark and I spent in the hospital after Lucy was born. I just treasure the memories of our first moments with her. It was such a special experience and I was so sad (and happy!) we had to leave the hospital with this beautiful little creature.
+If I could go back in time I would go back to the second(ish) year of my relationship with Mark. It was such a fun time with baseball and new love and experience that I wish I could remember every part of it.
+If I could go back in time I would go back to high school - maybe just my senior year - and not ruin it with a guy but live in the moment and actually enjoy it.
+If I could go back in time, I would not have gone to live in the roach infested townhouse in NC that summer. Ugh. There were just so many bad choices that summer - not to mention the fact that I lived in a roach infested townhouse. Oh and bought a dog? Lord help me. and my mother.
+If I could go back in time I'd relive my senior year (and the summer before... and after) of college. It was the most fun time of my life - a new relationship that didn't bog me down, an old relationship gone, the absolute best friends, road trips, freedom, easy classes, enough money (barely) to go to the bar 5-6 times a week..... sheesh I just had the time of my life. I was young, wild, and free and my heart skips a beat thinking about it.
+With all the kids going off to college these last few weeks I am feeling especially nostalgic. I would definitely relive the first few weeks in my dorm. I met my best friend, a few other dear people to me, and it was just something that was so new, so difficult, and so exciting. Actually for that matter every year when we went back to school, the first few weeks were the absolute best - getting back into the swing and seeing people we didn't get to see all summer. Oh goodness, I could just go on.
Somethin' about a baby on the way that makes you remember the times of your life that you hold dear. Can't wait to have a lot of "relive" wishes as my kids get older.
xoxo
+If I could go back in time I would go back to the second(ish) year of my relationship with Mark. It was such a fun time with baseball and new love and experience that I wish I could remember every part of it.
+If I could go back in time I would go back to high school - maybe just my senior year - and not ruin it with a guy but live in the moment and actually enjoy it.
+If I could go back in time, I would not have gone to live in the roach infested townhouse in NC that summer. Ugh. There were just so many bad choices that summer - not to mention the fact that I lived in a roach infested townhouse. Oh and bought a dog? Lord help me. and my mother.
+If I could go back in time I'd relive my senior year (and the summer before... and after) of college. It was the most fun time of my life - a new relationship that didn't bog me down, an old relationship gone, the absolute best friends, road trips, freedom, easy classes, enough money (barely) to go to the bar 5-6 times a week..... sheesh I just had the time of my life. I was young, wild, and free and my heart skips a beat thinking about it.
+With all the kids going off to college these last few weeks I am feeling especially nostalgic. I would definitely relive the first few weeks in my dorm. I met my best friend, a few other dear people to me, and it was just something that was so new, so difficult, and so exciting. Actually for that matter every year when we went back to school, the first few weeks were the absolute best - getting back into the swing and seeing people we didn't get to see all summer. Oh goodness, I could just go on.
Somethin' about a baby on the way that makes you remember the times of your life that you hold dear. Can't wait to have a lot of "relive" wishes as my kids get older.
xoxo
Aaaaand I'm crying. I want to go back tooo!!!
ReplyDelete