Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The most wonderful time of the year... or something like it

Every year I look forward to two things: Christmas and the beach with my family.  They are my two most favorite times of the year. Unfortunately, like with Christmas, it seems to take forever to get here... and in the blink of an eye, the week is over. 

Last year Lucy was so, so, sick and we had a horrible house. This year everyone was healthy and we LOVED our house.... aaaaaaand we had crappy weather the last three days. HA! I guess you can't have everything. My brother-in-law said that as far back as he's been going to the beach with us (6 years), we've never had bad weather so I guess it was just our turn.

Anyway, we enjoyed our week together none-the-less and made the most of the rain!

I will narrate the photos as there are quite a few :)

 
a castle for Lucy to destroy

beach babe
    
Uncle Sean and Aunt Bridget came down for the day to visit!

Bocce
  
at low tide the beach is filled with little puddle-pools that Lucy loved




  
   first attempt at a fam pic. foggy lens, bratty 2-year-old

all three on their lap tops :)

yearly foot pic

aaaaaaand the destroyer

   
first trip to the board walk... not too impressed but we rode the large ferris wheel :)


Wednesday we went to Charleston and went on a boat ride. The sights were interesting and Charleston is super pretty and lush. We were SUPPOSED to go on a horse and carriage ride around downtown but it started TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR and we had to leave. The town flooded... flooded.




Thursday was horribly rainy so we took the opportunity to do something we never have before; we went to the Ripley's Aquarium. I was a little unimpressed but I think Luc had fun :)


"Say CHEESE!"


smooshing her face against the probably very dirty glass haha


touching a horse shoe crab... I touched a shark!!!!


best smile
  
  
fam pic... I just love these people so much


my family

my beautiful sister and handsome brother-in-law
I did not ask permission to post this so I'm probably going to get in trouble.

my handsome brother and his cute-and-we-love-her girlfriend

I'm sure Lucy requested to be in this one :)

Friday was cloudy and a little rainy but not enough to keep us away on our last day! 


"Chase me, daddy"




loved the sand and the water... not her mama :)


our house <3 nbsp="" p="">


I just think she's the cutest damn thing I've ever seen
  

There was a loggerhead turtle protected nest by our house


baby turtle tracks


playing with papa


I am already counting down to next year... which is weird cuz I'm totally freaked out that we'll have another kid. Sheesh! Still can't wait! :)

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS photos - I am so jealous of that beach trip!

    I can't believe school is starting back up...yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for real camera pics and not cell phone ones!! :) They are awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete