So I thought I'd give a little info on the things I distinctly remember from my pregnancy with Lucy and what is different this time.
+I am clearly bigger this time around. I knew it would happen but it's kinda hard to take! I remember wearing regular clothes until, like, 6+ months preg with Lucy. I can not fit into regular clothes (pants and dresses, really) 3 1/2 months in this time around. I did buy some great staple - maternity clothes - for great prices (thanks Old Navy) and have some things from my last pregnancy that are still good. I also have a girlfriend who gave me a few really cute things as she's done with the babies. Tops are a little easier as the fashion these days is flowy so that helps.
Here's a little comparison for ya!
Here's a little comparison for ya!
+Some (Mal) say I am carrying different. I don't feel like I am.
+My heartburn is not as serious as it was last time... not by a long shot. Thank God.
+I am craving different things. Last time I wanted sweets: chocolate, toaster strudels, chocolate milk. This time it's more citrus, spicy, and sweets as in candy - not chocolate. Nothing too rich.
+I had a serious chicken issue last time. I think some of it may have been the fact that we had a sick pup and were boiling chicken almost daily for him to eat... but this time I don't have a problem with it. Just food in general gives me the heebie-jeebies sometimes. Which is the same as last time.
+I am not entirely uncomfortable. I just remember being so miserable as a pregnant chick the first time around - my back hurt a lot if I remember correctly, I was crampy, I was (excuse me for being yuck) constipated, and I was just not ok with my "new body". I am not so blah this time - don't have time to be with a 2 year old, a puppy, and starting back up at school. I splurged at Zulily on a pregnancy pillow and holy cow is it wonderful. I loooovvvvve it. Maybe it's helping the whole body-feels-like-crap thing.
Friday is THE appointment that we'd be able to find out the gender of the babe. We are not, of course, but I think we'll make Mark seal his guess to open when the baby comes out to see if he really does have the "talent" he claims - to be able to read the ultrasounds...
I'll leave you with a picture that just makes my heart swell :)
Stay tuned for more updates that are sure to come. Hopefully I'll have a post on Lucy's big girl room soon!!! I think I'll really love it when it comes together :) Hope she does too!!!
Hopping across from 'tell us tuesday', love the pic of your little one and the dog (me nephew would just tackle the dog!)
ReplyDeleteThat picture is so sweet. They look so cute together. And I bet that pillow was one of the best investments you've made in a while.
ReplyDeleteHeidi’s Wanderings
Congrats on soon-to-be number 2!! And thanks for sharing at Tell Us Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteLauren @ muchadoaboutsomethin.com