Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slowly, but surely

Mark and I have been trying desperately to get things done around here.  Actually, a whole lot more would be done if he'd let me do something!

Yesterday we overcame quite the feat.  Our TV stand came in.  Two boxes: one 80lbs, one 50lbs.  About 100 different pieces not including the nails, screws or whatever else... It went okay for the first, say, three minutes.  THEN all hell broke loose.


Confession:  I ordered the stand from tvstands.com... Mark was none-too-thrilled.  BUT we have been looking for a TV stand for, like, forever.  I love it, but it is a little cheap.  Oh well.  It looks good.  But needless to say Mark had kind of a hard time putting it together.  At one point he used and I'm not kidding every single cuss word in one sentence.



But, after the bout of turrets, the finished product developed pretty quickly.  It's a bit bigger than we thought, but it works.  And, we got rid of the hideous metally-plastic DVD stand.  Check out the doors to this thing!

Lastly, since it sits out from the wall so far, I'm thinking about putting a plant behind it... fake of course.  You know, feng shui my house a bit :)


and those are my moose...



Do you love them or do you LOVE them???? 

2 comments: