I am spending my week in preparation: getting a hair cut, mani/pedi, pre-natal massage; I will be washing the first of the baby clothes, blankets, sheets, etc. I'll be packing my hospital bag, too. You can never be too ready too early!!! So many fun things to do in preparation for the babe. AAAnd I will be grading research papers. Wait, that sucks. But everything else is going to be great!!!
I had a doctor's appointment today. I will go back the last week of April and then I will start going every week after that. Let me start from the top with today... I definitely have baby brain. Last time I was at the doctor's I scheduled two appointments. Well, I shouldn't have done that... All week I kept thinking that my appointment was tomorrow. Until today :) Whoops. And also, I had to get out of work early because of course my appointment was at 3!!!
The appointment went well... I just love to hear the word "perfect"... I told Mark the heart rate was 155 this week and he jumped back to my last appointment when the heart rate was 142. Big jump. Well, last time Baby was sleeping. Now, it doesn't sleep. Ever.
My belly measures perfectly; however, I feel like it is sticking out waaaaay too far. I think I look like a balloon that is juust about to pop. I hope it doesn't, though. I need this baby to stick it out til my due date because I have no back-up plan at work. I really hope I can make it :) I think I'll be ok!
Next appointment I will have the Strep-B test and it'll be the first time they measure my cervix, which is a little bit terrifying. And I will be 36 weeks. And that's only four weeks away from this baby. And finally, folks, I'm getting a little nervous.
Seriously, I had not thought about it that way until the other night while I was laying in bed and trying to relax to fall asleep. Well, then I was wide awake. At my next appointment I will only have 4 weeks left. Seriously, why aren't you freaking out? We still have so much to do!!
Still super excited, though. Just really weird to think that we'll have a baby. A human being that we are responsible for. And that makes me so, so excited. I can't wait to see what this babe looks like. ah! I'm so excited :) :)
A picture from my shower this past weekend at my in-law's. With my beautiful mom and sis :) and the extra large belly

Tomorrow I'll have ANOTHER blog highlighting my amazing showers :) :)
Once I pop this thing out and baby fever is over I'll need someone else to pick up the slack... Mal? Meg? ;)
MEG!!!
ReplyDeletethanks Mal :) remember Em, this baby must come before June 4th.
ReplyDelete