1.) We've been in school strait since Jan 17. No days off. Now, I've taken a few days (3) off since but two were for tragedies and one was a doctor's appointment. So, not really a "day off" if you ask me... so needless to say with only 5 weeks left in this pregnancy, I am exhausted. Weekly, I get more and more tired. 35 weeks of pregnancy and teaching full time really takes a lot out of you. We've been quite busy, too. I actually have not actually graded any research papers as I told myself I would. Oh well, they will get done eventually.
Another reason I've been on the couch? And actually another reason I've not graded the papers...
2.) I got sick! Go figure!!! I NEVER get sick... seriously. The last time I was sick was three summers ago and I was seriously deathly ill and the time I got sick before that? Prob freshman year in college? And I'm talking sick, people. Not this pathetic stuffy nose sick that people try to pull all the effing time to get off work. I'd still get my ass to work this week if I wasn't on break... and I'm pregnant. Anyway, I'm not even that sick this week; I've run errands, I went to my brother-in-law's fam night last night (more on that later) and I've made dinner.. that's right, a few times! I have a nasty cough and a stuffy nose... and I sound like a man! It's just really exhausting to be sick and pregnant... takes a lot out of me. It's the cough really... very tiring. I should probably go to the doctor and I might still if it doesn't improve like it has a little day by day but I hate doctors so I'm ignoring my husband's nagging. Like he does mine. NBD.
Number three reason I've spent my break on the couch?
3.) I hurt. My back hurts, my hips hurt, I have cramps or something? I brought up Braxton Hicks contractions and Mark, the know-it-all, thinks it's definitely that. I have no freakin' idea like I always say - what do I know? If it is BH, they suck. If they are just a glimpse at what a real contraction is then that sucks more. I don't know if I'm ready.
So, from the couch I'll let you know a few more things my hubby and I have accomplished this week :)
Mark's room is really getting done!!! Framing - check! Insulation - check! Drywall - check! Taping/mudding - check! Next up? Painting and last thing is the floor. We'll be done by the second weekend in May. That's right... DONE.
We are stocked up on our baby stuff. As far as I am concerned at this point, we have all we need. But, again, what do I know? In a few weeks we'll have the Hanover Sheriff's Dept. come out to check the car seats and we'll be all set for the baby to be here!! I mean, except for setting up the baby's room but that'll be done just about the time Mark's room is done. We are hoping e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. will be done. done. done by mid-May. So, keep your fingers crossed for us :)
Speaking of baby, this thing is out of control. I guess it's because it's getting bigger but I now feel it all the time. If I'm tired, it won't wake me up and I'm thankful for that. But Lord if it isn't going crazy in there 95% of the time. It's insane. Mark is amazed to watch my belly go back and forth like a tennis match. BUT at times, it's painful. The kid is seriously up. in. my. ribs.
One last baby thing... I have very unhappily relinquished my first choice girl's name. My mother told me to compromise. But, I'm a brat - I don't like giving in. But, the deal Mark presented to me was just too sweet. I give up my first choice girl's name, he gives up his first choice boy's name. You all know I didn't like it. So, I gave in. I still really love my first choice and it makes me a little sad, but I am ok with the other girl's name so I am happy. We are set. We are really and truly set. I've said it before, yes, but I was never really ok with the boy's name
Enough about the babe. 5 weeks just is so close and I'm so ready to meet it.
On to my awesome bro-in-law. He's so modest but I want to point out how great what he is doing is. Last night Mallory, Mom and I went to his recruit school family night and we got to see what they work on every day. It was really cool. He should be really proud of himself; we all are. Take a look of him at the nozzle (the guy in the very front) putting out a fire demonstration :) Go Chris!!!!

So, a productive week in a sense. Now, I must go because the baby is all up in my ribs and I just must lie down flat. Not even joking, I think it could break a rib... Is it summer yet?????? Better yet, Memorial Day? ;) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment