Thursday, April 28, 2011

36 weeks

Geez ... only 4 weeks left!  I am becoming quite anxious.  More and more so each day.  I am not a pessimistic person but I do tend to worry.  I do about my baby a lot now.  It causes me not to be able to sleep sometimes.  Between that and getting up to go to the bathroom four times a night, and the fact that I am 100* hotter than I usually am I'm not getting much sleep.  I'll be glad when these last four weeks are over.  God forbid I go late :) and for that matter, God forbid I go early!!!  I'm not a good lesson planner and I'm a bit overwhelmed at school trying to figure out what I'm going to get the hoodlums to do for the last 9 (not even because of exams) days of school.  I also have papers looming over my head and I just don't feel like grading themmm!!!  I think I win this year for who wants to get out the most!

On another note, our carpets are cleaned, we've started putting together the baby's furniture (better late than never, right?) AND the baby's toys!! and the baby's room will be decorated in the coming weekends.  Mark's room is almost done - who knew how many things go into finishing an unfinished room??  Sheesh!!!  I didn't...  But, it looks amazing and the floors will be put in next week.  Yes, we are a procrastinating family but things are finally getting done.........

A few discoveries:
- It is becoming increasingly more difficult to bend down as my child has decided to permanently wedge itself underneath my right ribs.  It's always liked that side but now it is stagnant in that spot.  When I bend, it is very uncomfortable.  This makes it hard to get dressed, shave, put shoes on, pick anything up, move...

- I am completely unaware of my circumference.  It is quite embarrassing to brush people (students namely) with my huge belly because I have no idea how large I really am.

- My tail bone has been cracking every time I get up or sit far back.  It's a little weird and I hope it doesn't mean anything bad.  Especially since I was bending down (ish) to get a laundry basket, a very light laundry basket!, and as I tried to stand back up my ass gave out?  hahaha my tail bone decided, no, I don't think you need to stand back up and I went down.  Not all the way down to the floor, but far enough down to wonder what the hell just happened! 

- Mark is a pretty good pedicurist :)

- I don't know HOW women say that doctors couldn't find a vein when trying to do their IV.  I have veins - bright, blue, huge veins all over.  The nurses could poke me pretty much anywhere on my body and be able to suck out all my blood.  It's really alien-like.  And not especially attractive.  I don't think it helps that my winter-white skin is nearly see-through!!!

- The canks are back.  The nurses usually go through a few questions before the doc comes in and they consist of things like, are you experiencing any nausea, headaches, cramping, swelling in your hands feet or face... I say no to all buuuuuuuut when the nurse was taking baby's heartbeat she said, "Oh, your ankles are swelling!  I guess it's just not causing you any discomfort!"  Yea, maybe not physically, lady, but now thanks to you self-consciously I'M UNCOMFORTABLE.  Dang!

- It's weird - even if you don't think you have to pee when you're pregnant, you can still go.  It's like magic.

I had a doctor's appointment today.  I will have one every week now until this little punkin decides to enter the world.  Heart beat is slowing down, belly measures perfectly and in the words of both the nurse and my doctor, "It seems very comfy in there!"  No baby at least for the next week!  I'm glad ... I am not ready to leave work and we are not ready to have a baby yet!  This house, though, is looking closer and closer like one that a baby belongs in :) It's so comforting and it's so fun to walk around and see all the baby stuff that's starting to clutter up the house!  I love it.

I also made my next three appointments which will take me to the week before d-day!!!  Holy cow.  I told the receptionist I didn't want to make the one for the week of because it freaks me out a little :) She laughed.  I was thinking that tomorrow I get paid... and you know what?  Before I get my next paycheck I'LL BE A MAMA!!!!!!!!  Omg.

Holy S only four weeks left... the countdown is officially on.  Before now it was just a tease, now?  This is real life.

Another great pic courtesy of my sis

No comments:

Post a Comment