Monday, June 27, 2011

Lucy's First Baseball Weekend!


We had a blast going to see Daddy coach this past weekend.  We tackled our first road trip with Lucy and she did great!!!  We left around 10AM on Friday - it was a three day tournament.  We made it to NC and then I switched to the back seat to feed the little darling when we stopped for lunch.  When we got to UNC Charlotte Mark got into coach mode and Lucy and I were big fans.  He has quite the little cheer leader in his baby girl :)

we won!!  team meeting :)

"this is how it's done"

Saturday's game was early!  So, we met Daddy there.  The game was fast and afterward we went exploring around the area which Mark was fairly familiar with as he played there for a summer!  We met up with our good friend Justin and caught up with him for a while and then went to dinner and home because it was a long day of sunshine and we were tired.

Mark's team

perfecting his Gary Kendall clap :)

Sunday we slept in a bit, got our breakfast at the hotel and packed up.  It was a hot, hot, HOT day and Lucy and I were sweating I think as much as the players!!  She slept through the whole game and through a feeding which is very unusual because my baby likes her food!!!  After the game I fed her on the way home.  Mark and I stopped to get dinner and put the little girl in her seat and continued on home.  She slept almost the entire way!!!  When we got about five minutes from home she woke up and so did her lungs!  Which I expected because she slept through yet ANOTHER feeding!!!  Baseball makes us sleepy :)


It was such a fun weekend watching Mark coach and getting to see Justin.  Lucy and I are looking forward to more baseball weekends, of course.  We just LOVE to see Daddy doing what he loves and something he's so good at!

met Justin at the mall and of course had to go to Bass Pro and check out this bus...

Lucy hates it and Mark just needs to accept that fact 

 Daddy is really trying!!!

 big, disgusting catfish
  
 Mark was clearly obsessed... sick

  little boardwalk we went to


What a good weekend!!  Can't wait til our next baseball weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. That picture of her with the hat on cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete