Do you ever feel inadequate?
~because you only spend two hours a day with your daughter before she falls asleep and you have to wait to see her again the next evening for just two short hours
~because you only have enough energy at the end of the day to throw your clothes on the floor; they make it to neither a hanger nor the laundry basket...
~because you don't cook dinner.
~because when you are with your baby for the short time you are able to see her every day, you keep thinking of all the crap you have to do tomorrow??
~because your daughter is almost three and a half months and you still have yet to put her letters/name on her wall in her room rendering her nursery unfinished. still.
~because your organization skills are that of a high schoolers, or worse
~because you go out of the house - on a quick errand - without an extra outfit in the diaper bag and she shits allll over the place. Murphy's Law biotch.
~because every other mother in the universe appears to have it all together and you sooo don't
~because your lesson plans seem juvenile and boring
~because your baby doesn't have a "routine"
~because you feel like you don't do enough as a wife, or a mom, or even a teacher for that matter...
~because your organization skills are that of a high schoolers, or worse
~because you go out of the house - on a quick errand - without an extra outfit in the diaper bag and she shits allll over the place. Murphy's Law biotch.
~because every other mother in the universe appears to have it all together and you sooo don't
~because your lesson plans seem juvenile and boring
~because your baby doesn't have a "routine"
~because you feel like you don't do enough as a wife, or a mom, or even a teacher for that matter...
because sometimes I do.
This too shall pass.
I'm quite overwhelmed. I hope that Mark and I get into a routine once school is well underway...
Yesterday, (after
We got an unexpected day off today because of flooding. I'm not happy to have to make up a day already... BUT I AM glad to spend it with my girl :) :)
Hang in there, chick! You are a GREAT Mom, a GREAT Teacher, and I'm sure a WONDERFUL wife :) Nowhere near inadequate :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there... and let me say i fake having it all together and most of us moms do! fake it til you make it! lol :-)
ReplyDeleteEverything above applies to me and I don't even have a child yet. I'm screwed.
ReplyDeletewow, for a second there - i thought i was writing this! we do the best we can .. and like you said, this too shall pass, hopefully. at least - that is what i tell myself on a DAILY basis!
ReplyDelete