Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christening

This past Saturday we got Lucy dressed up in her Pop's family's Christening gown (over 60 years old) and hauled our fam out to St. Michael's to watch my kid get doused by a pitcher of water.

She did not cry.  As we expected.  In fact, non of the babes did!

She's also a giant.  At the rehearsal the night before we were introduced to Sally, the little one whose family was sitting next to us.  So adorbs.  She was tiny and her family commented on how well Lucy was standing up on my  lap during the rehearsal.  And then we found out she is 4 months old.  Not standing.

So, in summation: our kid rocks.

A few weeks ago we asked Mallory and Josh to be Lucy's Godparents.  It was kind of an easy choice (of course after we figured out who would God parent the rest of our non-existent children.  hint - other sibs).  We figured out that both of us would choose someone.  We decided that for our first baby I would choose the God mother and Mark would choose the God father.

Mallory is my only sister.  Obvi she was my first choice.  No explanation needed.  We love her.  Duh.

Josh is Mark's best friend.  Mark has no brothers.  He was an easy choice.  You can see Josh's family here, here, and here.  Correction: you can see Nolan.  But, we love them all.

Josh and Mark met at Radford - both pitchers for the baseball team.  They share a love obsession of hunting too.  And honestly, Josh is like the brother Mark never had (cliche, I know. suck it).

How did I know he was a keeper?  He was just as upset when we lost Rocky as we were and he helped Mark through the whole horrible ordeal.  Not that I didn't love and adore him before that, but after that he was a shoe-in.  Just a wonderful guy.

Our families joined us to watch little Simba be blessed.

Everyone else took lots of pictures so I will add them here.



They let you make your own baptismal candle now.  I was afraid because I'm kind of retarded when it comes to crafts.  But it turned out cute :) it's all stickers.......

 and one day Lucy will help us decorate one for her younger siblings!  It's a cute sentiment.

 said pitcher o' water

naaah zviendyaaaaa ba ba ze ve ba ba
naaah zviendyaaaa ba ba ba ZEE ve ba bo
imeenya nawenye a ba ba....
Lion King?
baby Simba Lucy?
no?

Oh well, Hakuna Matata


no tears

 oil that smelled of musty old men

"I did good" :)

love.

 parents, God parents and Deacon Andy

 God parents again :)

 Grandma and Grandpa

 with Uncle Greg and Uncle Chris :)

 with Great Auntie Peggy and Great Grandpa Frank

Aunt Monica, Nana and Pop :)

 beautiful bouquet from Great Grandpa
beautiful cake
and lots of gifts :)

Great Grandpa

 we really did have a great time with everyone but we were whipped and Lucy hadn't napped all day...
nice snag, Grandma.  worst picture ever.

 from Nana and Pop

 from Grandma and Grandpa

 from Uncle Chris and Aunt Mal

omg, right!?  hah


she got tons more great stuff, too!  It was a good day :)

Congrats and God bless Lucy Evelyn <3 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you posted that AWESOME picture of you. hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete