Facebook.
Twitter.
MySpace. (does anyone even do this anymore?)
Blogs.
In the age of so many different social networking opportunities, I have to sit back and ask myself if it's all too much sometimes.
Now, I'm only privvy to Facebook and blogs as I don't tweet and MySpace is so 2002...

Don't get me wrong, I am all for reading every single last thing anyone posts. No matter how TMI it is. I'm nosey. I'm a stalker. I want to read it. I. live. on. that. shit.
Doesn't mean I agree with it.
OK, I know I have a blog and I post some personal shiz up in here. BUT this blog was not set up for public knowledge, it was set up for my family to keep up with our daily lives. So, if you follow me, you're probably a friend, or family member. Maybe you're a rando who found me and thinks I'm awesome (you're not the only one - ha!) and that's cool too!!! But, "following" my blog means you're down with reading some personal stuff like Lucy's Birth Story and our traumatic experiences throughout the sickness of our Rocky boy. It's what you sign up for if you're following my PERSONAL/PRIVATE blog.
I am of the belief that there is a time and a place...
Facebook ain't private y'all.
I've seen people post status updates and/or pictures throughout every second of giving birth; I've seen people post deaths of family/friends mere hours after it happened; I've seen friends/acquaintances post about their children's bowel movements...
I mean, holy shit, people!
Is nothing sacred anymore?
Some things are just private. They should be kept private.
I ran across this website and I want to really focus on
Dos
#2
#3
#3
Bonus
Don'ts
#3
and do yourself a favor, people, follow them.
No comments:
Post a Comment