Thursday, February 9, 2012

Recipes

So, as promised, I'll set you up with some DELICIOUS recipes that we have eaten recently.  Most, admittedly, are from Pinterest and I'm not ashamed.  That damn site is like a pot-o-gold, I tell ya!
or quicksand.

So, I'll include the recipes (or links to them) and give them a rating on the traditional 1-10 scale.  Please understand that they'll all be above an 8 or I wouldn't recommend them!!  Also understand that homie don't play with any recipes that have more than a few *easy* ingredients!  So, these are quick, most of them can be left to bake if you have to deal with a babe (or husband, etc) like I do.

This was the first Pinterest recipe I made that we I will be making again, and again.
Seriously, though, I will love anything that has Cream of Chicken in it.  For real.  
9/10

Made this one night when my mom was in town.  I will add more chicken next time and I will definitely listen to the recipe when it says to cook the tortillas a bit before prepping the casserole to make them crunchier.  I love soggy stuff - but it was too soggy even for me.  Mom and Mark liked it, though.
8/10

Weirdly unconventional ingredients, but you gotta love anything with potatoes, amiright?  Mark missed the "potato chunks" in this soup but I thought it was aaaaaawwwweeeesome!
9.5/10

Shut up.  Cold night and I was starvin'.  I left out the onions for us but still mmmmmmmm.  Just mmmmmmmm.
9/10

Ok, so I lied earlier when I said that the other recipe was the first one from Pinterest that I'd make over and over again.  Guess it's because this is already a staple in our brunch/lunch get togethers!  It's awesomeeeeee.
10/10
that's right.

Made this last night.  Subbed mushrooms (because Mark and I put mushrooms on anything) for the carrots and it was awesomeee.  Mark put his lettuce wrap into a tortilla wrap - not enough to fill him up, I guess.  But we'll be eating it again, for sure.
8.75/10


And finally, I'll add a non-Pinterest recipe.  And actually it's a non-easy recipe, too but holy shit it's good.  Mom and dad brought it with them for Greg's birthday and I just made them the other day for my cousin when he came to visit with Lucy and me.
;)
I paired the chicken with plain white rice and Walmart-brand stir-fry veggies with a bit of soy on them.
Shut the front door.
Shut the back door.
Shut it.
Just shutttt it.
I hope he liked it as much as I did ha!!!
15/10

Sesame Chicken
1 lb chicken strips or chicken breasts cut into strips.  I enjoy using my new kitchen shears.
2 eggs mixed with a little milk
flour mixed with salt and pepper
veggie oil
sesame seeds

Place in sauce pan on stove and melt; keep on low heat:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder (NOT garlic salt. I didn't use either but it tasted just fine. obvi)
sprinkle of ginger

-veggie oil in skillet (btw oil doesn't boil - don't judge)
-dip chickens into egg mix and coat with flour
-fry to a golden brown on both sides
-dip into honey sauce
-place on foil-covered cookie sheet
-sprinkle with sesame seeds

Cook on 250* for 20 minutes
scarf

This is what's up next on the menu for the Fleishers (from Pinterest)
I mean, what.  Baked spaghetti.  Sign me up.  But, I'll be buying the ravioli and cheating.  Don't judge me.

Loooove the crock.  Have used it more this winter than I ever have and I don't know why I haven't used it this much before!  So easy!


I hope you all enjoyed this little food post - you won't get much of these from this non-cooker! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment