So I forgot to tell you Lucy had some more real-ass-food this past weekend, and then again tonight! Grilled pork chops were a hit, as was the taco meat... yum!!
AND we have 8 teeth in all. The most recent, LITERALLY just appeared yesterday. and it's all the way broken through. Insane, I tell you, she grows teeth like it's her job!!!
AND we have 8 teeth in all. The most recent, LITERALLY just appeared yesterday. and it's all the way broken through. Insane, I tell you, she grows teeth like it's her job!!!
I also must direct you to this blog post and to this one as well.
Lucy's 9 month photos.
And you can see how picture perfect she is,
and how impossible it actually is to get those picture perfect pics!
Thank goodness for my mom (and her bad ass balloon skills), DAD (who catches Lucy's attention without even trying) and sis (photog) for helping get these pics!! :)
So I need to tell you a little story that happened last night.
I have been pretty even keel through figuring out this whole "motherhood" thing... at least I think I have.
Yea, there might have been this one time when I was all, "Lucy isn't eating, something is totally wrong with her, I'm calling 911." or something like that, but she turned out to be just fine.
At least I'm not that parent who will begrudgingly allow another person to hold their child all the while demanding, "just put your hand here. keep your arm there. no, no, no, not that way. do this. do that. oh, why don't I just take her back and you can look at her. from across the room."
I have pretty much allowed any and everyone to hold Lucy and I attribute a lot of that comfortableness to the fact that she is such a friendly baby and will literally go to anyone (*stranger danger! stranger danger!*)
Which brings me to my point. Lucy is learning to walk. And the kid falls. She falls down all over the place. And she's bruised and scratched and banged up all. the. time. But she's tough and she bounces. So, I usually don't think anything of it. I comfort her cries and we go on with life.
Usually.
Annnd then came last night. Last night she fell and hit the back of her head on the coffee table and I swear to you, our neighbors could have heard that crack.
I was sitting right there. RIGHT THERE. and the guilt set in.
She only cried for her usual amount of time, and I comforted her and tried desperately to see if there was a bump. She wouldn't let me see, just screamed. So, I put frozen peas on her head. and then she had a bottle and then she watched her fan in her room and then she fell right to sleep.
And then I got up every two hours to wake her up and see if she was alert (yes, at 3AM I was checking if she was alert) and rocking her back to sleep.
Because the internet is stupid and when I googled, "my 10 month old fell and hit the back of her head on my coffee table and I'm afraid she might have brain damage, blood clotting or might die," one of the responses I read told me to wake up every two hours to make sure she was alert and responsive.
Mark sent me a picture of my beautiful blue-eyed baby this morning and she's just fine.
Meanwhile, I have bags under my eyes down to my chin.
Meanwhile, I have bags under my eyes down to my chin.
effing internet.
you're so funny! although we don't have kids yet, i heard this advice once and i hope it sticks with me, and maybe you now, too...
ReplyDelete"Google is not married and it doesn't have kids. You can't turn to it for everything"
I love this because I'm a googling machine :) Glad she's okay!