This house is getting ready for a little girl's birthday party. It's coming fast!!!
Mark and I have been preparing for the party by doctoring up the house a bit.
I love this house
We got a back screen door, some flowers and we are working on the kitchen backdrop. Slow start but it's like mountains to me... We still have a fairly substantial list (including a birthday swing set!) yet to purchase/put together/ make/ do.... but we are getting started early and it feels great.
screen door
my Irises that just will NOT open up!!
back garden
pin wheels
swing set location :)
Spring is the time to get things done! It's also time for my spring break :)
This year for spring break I vow to blog, read and grade... no TV during the day (read: no TV during nap times... Sprout is on during all other hours.) I will still watch my DVRed shows and my nightly TV but won't watch until my typical "get home from work" hour - around 5 - after Lucy's PM nap :) perfect timing.
Unless of course if you are talking about today.
The little girl has not been sleeping well lately. At night when we put her down it's like her mattress is burning hot or something - she's dead asleep in my arms, or Mark's, but when we put her down it's like bloody murder screams... and she has woken up in the middle of the night the last few nights... last night I was up with her from 1230 to 5. She slept some in the guest room but I just can not co-sleep. Too afraid I'll crush her. I did doze a bit and at 5 when she was good and asleep I thought I'd move her. But when she hit her mattress she was all like, oh no you di'int... I let her scream it out for about 15 minutes until she finally fell asleep. And then we got up at 9 and no morning nap was napped.
I am glad this craziness is happening over my break because if I had to go into work today after a night like last night, I don't think I'd get through the day!
So, she's sleeping now, I'm wrapping up this blog, and going to grade!! Let's hope I can get all my grading done today and tomorrow so I can dedicate the rest of the week to birthday party planning for this little doll :)
in between calls, she enjoys dancing!!! :) her two new tricks!
Yay! She has my book!
ReplyDelete