Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reprimand

So, I've been scolded to update my blog.
I know I'm slacking, but when you get about 2 seconds of time to yourself a day, it's kinda hard to want to spend it blogging when you have to:
*clean up after a crazy eater who throws food, wipes it in her hair, spreads it into every crevice on her high chair and even between her toes...
*make/clean up after dinner for yourself
*bathe the kid
*grade research papers
*grade (in general)
*grocery shop
*prepare/plan for a 1 year old's birthday party which is just over the horizon...
*relax sleep

I know it's all just crazy excuses but by the time Lucy is down for the night (8:30) and I've cleaned up the kitchen, made my lunch, finished my own dinner ... it's nearing 9:30/10PM and I'm exhausted!!!!!  I'm in bed most days by 10PM!!  Old lady...


I've been thinking about a certain blog I would like to write about nostalgia and triggers... I'm working on it.

Besides that, I have been keeping busy planning and buying supplies for the party - now I just have to put it all together!  Scary - Pinterest gives ideas, but what they need to give is the crafty people to do all the things they suggest!!!  Hopefully it all turns out ok :) annnd hopefully it's a nice day for an outdoor party!!!  We were supposed to do her "smash cake" pictures this weekend outside... thanks a lot, Mother Nature you B. Rain all weekend!  Hopefully it clears up for just a bit!

I am bogged down in 65 research papers up to my ears, along with other grading I have to keep up with.  
Summer anyone?

I am so looking forward to a trip my family has planned to Lake Anna in a few weeks.  It's going to be lovely and hopefully (again!) we have nice weather!!! :) 

Lucy's been up to and into absolutely everything.  She is walking (like, 5-10 steps at a time!!!!!) every once in a while - still prefers to crawl as she's super fast!!  She claps, blows kisses and "pffts" regularly.
If she is told no the exact thing happens every time.  -She fake cries -she "pffts" and when I gasp she blows me a kiss... what a ham!!!!  
She has the most beautiful smile.  She hates her carseat - all of a sudden!  She screams bloody murder, tries her darndest to turn around and when she succeeds and is standing backwards she looks at me, smiles and laughs at herself.  Unbelievable.
She's talking more regularly, no words really but she sure is saying something!  She thinks she's the funniest thing on God's green earth.  I wish I knew what she was talking about. 

I might also do a "day in the life" post via Lucy's voice.  It's always fun putting words in her mouth.



I could just eat her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment