2013 Summer Bucket List
1. Zoo! (Just the National... heard the Richmond Zoo ain't worth the money it charges!)
**Will blog about it soon**
2. Picnic (with daddy)
**too tough with schedules**
**too tough with schedules**
3. Play with all of our fun/water-inspired birthday presents (a water table and a wacky sprinkler)
**not as much as it was a nasty-hot summer and mama just couldn't stand to be outside for long**
4. Movie night (with daddy)
**hard with a dad who works nights but we did watch plenty of movies - just not an "official" movie night**
**hard with a dad who works nights but we did watch plenty of movies - just not an "official" movie night**
5. S'mores
**Thanks to the Deaver family... and also I've been craving them since!!! no fair**
6. Putt-Putt (at the beach, duh)
**can't believe it but for the first time in as long as I can remember we didn't make it this year at the beach! it rained too much :( but I did find some places around RVA so we might do it one weekend SOON!!**
**can't believe it but for the first time in as long as I can remember we didn't make it this year at the beach! it rained too much :( but I did find some places around RVA so we might do it one weekend SOON!!**
7. Strawberry picking
**apparently this is seasonal... too late for strawberry picking now. we'll save the orchard-type stuff for the fall :) :) can't wait**
**apparently this is seasonal... too late for strawberry picking now. we'll save the orchard-type stuff for the fall :) :) can't wait**
8. Stay outside as much as the weather permits (take walks, eat dinner, play with the water accessories... stay away from the TV!!!!!!)
9. (This one's for me!) Read. I would like to finish at least 5 books, one being Les Mis, and I know it's long so I limited myself to just 5 this summer. Last summer I read 10 or 11, I think!!!
**ok so I got through 4 and am on 5 now. I did not read Les Mis but am hoping to continue to read throughout the school year... we'll see. oh and last year I only read 8 or 9 - I looked. so that makes me feel better ;) **
10. Go to Kings Dominion
11. Squirrels game(s!)
**x2 :) **
12. Check out our local library (hopefully a few times!!!)
**we will continue to visit - Lucy LOVES it... the only problem is that I think she wants to keep all the books we find. yikes!**
Non-fun stuff::
- moving Lucy into a big girl room!
**in process - we just need to paint and move her furniture back in and decorate**
-potty training Lucy AND a puppy!!!
**Lucy ain't havin' it**
-staining the cabinets in both bathrooms
**THANKS MAL!!!!!!!!**
**LOVE it!!**
So, all-in-all I think we had a productive and FUN summer :) I am sad it's over but looking forward to the HUGE changes we will be making in our family over the next year! :)
Awe - we LOVED the Richmond Zoo. Honestly - it was expensive, but it's perfect for kids. Shaded walk-ways, great animals, getting to feed giraffes!
ReplyDeleteWe loved it :)