When I was a little girl, I was a copy-cat. Still today I can't make a decision to save my life and so I do what other people have done. It's just who I am. But, I had a friend who would get angry - like really angry and MEAN - when I copied her. She would say hurtful things to me and call me a copy-cat. I was little and it made me really sad. I remember going to Mom and telling her all about it and she told me that when I copy someone it's because I think whatever they're doing is really cool and that the person I was copying should take it as a compliment. Too bad this person didn't; but I have. It doesn't happen too often (someone copying me) but when it does I feel really good because I thought of or did something that someone else really admires.
So, this weekend at Becky's wedding I noticed something that looked very familiar! When I said how much I loved her programs she said that she got the idea from me! OMG!
The little things in a wedding aren't so important in the grand scheme of things, but I came up with the fun idea (albeit a very annoying process) for my programs all by myself. So, to see that they didn't go unnoticed was the ultimate compliment. Thanks to my Aunty Peggy for our beautiful programs and thanks, Bec, for noticing something I put a little bit of me into! Your programs turned out just as fun and beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment