Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dessert or Disaster???

One of my oldest best friends got married this weekend.  It was Mark and my first wedding since ours!!  It is so different to look at a wedding now after having our own!   
Me and the beautiful bride-to-be at her rehearsal dinner :) I was a reader in the wedding.  It was an honor, but very scary!  I guess that's what I get - Becky read in our wedding, too!


Becky and Brody make an absolutely stunning couple.  The are so cute and so in love it is a real treat to see them together.  Becky was gorgeous and just glowing on her wedding night.  The reception was at the Jefferson Hotel down town.  It was fabulous.  Mark and I have never been there!  I snuck a few illegal pictures during the ceremony :)  Isn't she beautiful!?
YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE!!!

SO happy :)
The Jefferson
The Ballroom

First dance and cake cutting!
Me and the new Mrs./Dr. Wehman!!!
Hubby
The wedding was beautiful, the reception was fun and we had a great time!  CONGRATS TO THE WEHMANS!!! :) xoxo


Ok, now onto the disaster part.  After the reception we were anxious to get home to doggy because he was alone for so long and we missed him.  We laughed and walked to the car but when we got there the front passenger window was SMASHED out and our GPS was stolen.  We went back into the Jefferson where they kindly told us there was absolutely nothing they could do and we should call 911.  Kind of silly to call the emergency line and waste their valuable time but we did.  They put us on the list of non-emergencies and we sat on the curb for the next hour.  Upon that time (around 12:30) we called 411 and got the Richmond City police number (which we later found was right around the f-ing corner to where we were) and called them.  They told us we were on the list and a cop would call us when it was our turn.  So, we waited another half-hour and that's when Mark got pissed and went to get hotel security.  They again told us that there was nothing they could do.  At this point I am exhausted/drunk and getting really pissed so I call the cops again to see what the f was going on.  The lady told me that we were no longer on the list because someone tried to call and there was no answer and when this happens they delete that call.  I told her as kindly as I possibly could that she needs to put us on the top of the list right that instant as we got no call from anyone.  She told me that no cop was actually coming... WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL TO KNOW TWO HOURS AGO LADY!!!  Maybe before two gigantic roaches skittered past me sitting on the curb!!!!!!  So, Mark and I sat on glass and drove home with glass flying all around the car.  Finally the cops called me (1:45AM) and got all our info.  They get so many of those calls they don't even investigate them anymore.  This is what my car looked like this morning (before Mark vacuumed it) and we found the bolt used to break the window.  Thanks Richmond City, you're really classy... and thanks RCP for not doing a damn thing.  F you.

No comments:

Post a Comment