Monday, June 28, 2010

Pictures

This weekend I did a lot with pictures.  Saturday night Mal and Chris came over for dinner.  After we pigged out, we went down the street to Pole Green Park to have Mal take pictures of me, Mark and Rocky for the empty frame that is hanging on our wall.  It was 7:30PM when we got out to the park; it was still 97* out.  Soooo needless to say, Mark was sweating, Rocky was panting (so most of the pics were of his massive tongue hanging out lol) and I was being attacked by a horsefly that was biting the crap out of my legs!  The last time we went with Mal and Chris, we turned out looking like this: 
So, I'm confident they got a few good ones for us to choose from.  Will post again soon with results :)


Sunday I went up to Manassas to meet with my wedding photog about our dreaded album.  It's getting to the point where I'm just like get it binded and send it to me.  UGH!!!  But, hopefully Mom and I got it through to them what we want and the next time they send it to me it will be right!  Finally!  6 months later...


The last picture-y thing for this weekend was a picture that Dad found of Granny.  Mom and I took it to get copied and enlarged yesterday and it turned out so well!  It is a picture of her and my Pappy and they're both smiling.  She was so cute!  I asked Mom if Granny was always funny (because as she got older she was very sarcastic) and Mom said no.  When Granny grew up and got married she was a wife, a mother, a cook, a maid..... she was the typical 1950's woman - had dinner on the table when her husband got home.  She never drove; never got her license.  She never spoke up either and so as she got older and found her voice, her voice was great!  She made us laugh with her silly sayings, her vanity (which I inherited!) and her aim to please: always wanting to stand and let us sit, even when she was absolutely not strong enough to stand.  She was the best cook I've ever known.  The picture of her smiling when she was young is how we'll always remember her when she got older.  It was just a peek of how fantastic she was!  I just know my dad loved how the picture turned out and I'm sure the rest of his siblings think so too.  We love you, Granny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment